CANT PLAY MY TECHNIC MODS!

The_Green_Arrow1

Question

Launcher Version: LATEST VERSION

Operating System: DONT KNOW DONT CARE

Java Version: DONT KNOW DONT CARE

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

It only happens with voltz but the problem is that when i try to load and play voltz it starts loading and then it has the load bar and when it gets to version..jsonn it stops loading before i can get onto voltz.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

18 answers to this question

• Moderators

Operating System: DONT KNOW DONT CARE

Java Version: DONT KNOW DONT CARE

You need to correct those. We have no idea what your running. Windows? Linux? Macintosh? Toaster?

Try to find out what java version you have, it might not matter but it helps us ruling out that you're not using an outdated version

'DON'T KNOW DON'T CARE' is actually a very popular OS from Duckintosh. I'm guessing that's his problem; duckboard failure. Very common in these machines.

It's all those feathers and bird poo that causes eventual board failure and a tendancy for attracting more ducks over time.

I swear these forums must be the best place to go for duck-based IT systems support - the manufacturers must have abysmal customer service.

Fortunately, our dedicated team is eager to help you keep your ducks running properly at all times.

As the author of the DON'T KNOW DON'T CARE Operating System, I'd like to apoligize personally for the Technic Launcher not working. While DKDC is groundbreaking in many ways, it's java support is somewhat lacking. I'm currently working on improving the API and adding LWJGL support, but as an interm solution I'd suggest partitioning your hard drive and installing an alternate operating system such as Ubuntu.

Thank you for your patience, we are working on your issue as we speak.

As the author of the DON'T KNOW DON'T CARE Operating System, I'd like to apoligize personally for the Technic Launcher not working. While DKDC is groundbreaking in many ways, it's java support is somewhat lacking. I'm currently working on improving the API and adding LWJGL support, but as an interm solution I'd suggest partitioning your hard drive and installing an alternate operating system such as Ubuntu.

Thank you for your patience, we are working on your issue as we speak.

I thought better java support was supposed to be added in the last major version?

Or was that referring to the egg incubating issues that used to happen when you poured coffee into the coolant reservoir?

Either way, the new corn kernal is proving effective at keeping my duckintosh from being starved of RAM like it used to be. Thanks for the update!

I thought better java support was supposed to be added in the last major version?

Or was that referring to the egg incubating issues that used to happen when you poured coffee into the coolant reservoir?

Either way, the new corn kernal is proving effective at keeping my duckintosh from being starved of RAM like it used to be. Thanks for the update!

No, that was the release candidate for 15.0 with the Java improvements. I solved the heating issue for the 14.4.12 release.

Just as a note for those running sytems with BaCoN type RAM will need to install at least one stick of tOASt or DDR3. Java doesn't support pork-based RAM.

I've heard there are third-party "Poultry Cooking Implement" cards designed to eliminate excess quantities of ducks that can build up- one of the few flaws of the DKDC system- and even provide a delicious dinner meal in the process. As the creator of this brilliant operating system, I assume you would be the best source of advice on the subject; are these PCI cards real, and if so, do you recommend their installation? Or are they just some form of myth or falsely advertised product?

They are in fact real, and have been used to some success. However, I do not reccomend their installation and we cannot support systems that have them installed. While a large buildup of ducks has caused problems for many users in the past, we've made huge improvements to the duckception handler and the upcoming 15.0 actually has similar features to these poultry cards.

A little known fact is that small amounts of ducks are good. You'll be fine without any at all, but one or two can actually improve coolant circulation. (Especially if you use coffee, ducks really like coffee.) While the results are delicious, the cards i've seen nuke all the ducks and therefore speed their return, as the ducks are attracted by a warm place to nest.

But now, with 15.0, DKDC can detect when there are more than 2-8 ducks in a system (depending on size/power) and will broil them. It'll even marinade them for you so you can have it for dinner, in fact using a DKDC system as a duck-preparing-machine will not void warranty as of 15.0!

Notarea Lweb is quite generous for providing you a site to host your forums on. He's doing us all a major service.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to keep it in mind, and I await with great anticipation the release of DKDC 15.0.

December 1st? I can't wait that long, DKDC is Duckintosh's flagship OS, what am I to do?!! My poor frog graphic accelerators won't work without the driver support DKDC 15.0 will provide, are you sure you can't patch this early?

I'd go to the forums and ask around if I were you. You might get lucky and be able to obtain fixes for those individual drivers if their support isn't too terribly tied to the massive updates to the DKDC YOLK core. If the quack-time of your install isn't too terribly vital, you might be able to do a band-aid patch until then, but you should be careful that the update doesn't break your install if there are any last-minute changes made to those patches. (Unless of course you're using a Source Hidden Egg-thentication Lite Loader crack, then you'll probably have to do everything over again anyways unless they decide to stop playing whack-a-crack and not patch the SHELL this time around for some reason. But we probably shouldn't discuss piracy on these forums anyways.)

EDIT:

I'll PM you the latest release candidate. ;)

Or that works too. See, that's why the DKDC group is one of my favorite dev groups. Easy to reach and very reasonable to work with. I hope we can continue to look forward to releases from you and your team even into the vast future, DW.

A. Reading through all the duck-computer jokes was probably the best part of my day, the only reason I ever stopped laughing was so I could read the next one. If I wasn't broke from tuition I'd pay you guys for more.

B. I'm having this exact problem but with all of the modpacks. (edit: I say all but I really only mean Hexxit and Tekkit, haven't played any of the others yet)

Launcher Version: 365

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: 1.7.0_45 or Version 7 Update 45, whichever format you prefer

I haven't had any problems until 11/27/2013 when they all just quit working; as the original poster said, I click to play a modpack and it loads up until the load bar says version.json and then it quits.

These are the error logs I get:

2013/11/28 00:23:46 [iNFO] ------------------------------------------

2013/11/28 00:23:46 [iNFO] Technic Launcher is starting....

2013/11/28 00:23:46 [iNFO] Launcher Build: 365

2013/11/28 00:23:46 [iNFO] ------------ Startup Parameters ------------

2013/11/28 00:23:46 [iNFO] --------- End of Startup Parameters ---------

2013/11/28 00:23:47 [iNFO] Analytics Response [runLauncher]: 200

2013/11/28 00:23:48 [iNFO] Starting download of http://skins.technicpack.net/helm/Cathartic_Scot/100, with 3 tries remaining

2013/11/28 00:23:49 [iNFO] Valid:

2013/11/28 00:23:49 [iNFO] Launcher took: 3151ms to start

2013/11/28 00:23:56 [WARNING] File version.json not found in C:UsersColinAppDataRoaming.technicmodpackstekkitmainbinmodpack.jar

2013/11/28 00:23:56 [iNFO] Starting download of http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/version/1.5.2/1.5.2.json, with 3 tries remaining

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:UsersColinAppDataRoaming.technicmodpackstekkitmainbinnativesOpenAL32.dll (Access is denied)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at net.technicpack.launchercore.util.ZipUtils.unzipEntry(ZipUtils.java:102)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at net.technicpack.launchercore.util.ZipUtils.unzipFile(ZipUtils.java:159)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installLibrary(ModpackInstaller.java:228)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installVersionLibs(ModpackInstaller.java:200)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installPack(ModpackInstaller.java:82)

2013/11/28 00:24:00 [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.InstallThread.run(InstallThread.java:60)

2013/11/28 00:24:22 [iNFO] Maximum usable memory detected: 8173 mb

Would really love a fix, kind of going through tekkit withdrawals.