Galacticraft spacestation

veryance

Hi everyone,

I'm making a space base in tekkit, and I'm having trouble getting the oxygen sealers to work. I've edited server files to make leaves not despawn, but the sealers always say "unsealed". I've read that this can be a problem if you have used glass in your base, so I'm wondering if there's something else I can edit to make glass airtight. Thanks in advance!

well, could be two things. Either the glass is causing you issues, or your station might just be too big for a single sealer to fill. If it's the glass, you could try hardened glass from Thermal Expansion, it might work better. Not certain on that part though.

You could just use several bubble distributors and start growing trees in space. it is kind of silly watching trees pop up where there is supposedly a vacuum, but it works. each sapling just requires 4 water blocks nearby to grow or they shrivel up and die. I have 2 pairs of trees feeding oxygen into my tiny space station atm. Each pair of trees is inside one of several oxygen bubbles and their leaves do not decay like that. may or may not need to have the trees inside the oxygen bubble... I'm not certain on this part either.

Also bear in mind that Oxygen sealers are a little bugged in Tekkit. Not sure why but it has difficulty creating a seal or the seal will drop. Also the other possibility is that if a sealer isn't getting enough oxygen it won't seal a room until it does. It's the same basic ordeal as the oxygen bubble's size based on the amount of oxygen it receives.

Thanks for the replies guys, i still haven't been able to get it to work, even after editing some of the files about what blocks were airtight. Is is possible to update galacticraft itself into tekkit? Or has it been updated to work with newer versions of minecraft?

WARNING: Certain blocks and objects will not create an enclosed space that can be sealed!

Items that will not seal: Redstone Conductive Pipe, Redstone Energy Cell, Redstone Energy Conduit, Hardened Glass, Buildcraft Tanks, Buildcraft Pipes, Doors

also the room can be no larger than 11x11 and currently the sealers DO NOT stack

WARNING: Certain blocks and objects will not create an enclosed space that can be sealed!

Items that will not seal: Redstone Conductive Pipe, Redstone Energy Cell, Redstone Energy Conduit, Hardened Glass, Buildcraft Tanks, Buildcraft Pipes, Doors

It's because Galacticraft isn't designed with all the other mods in mind. I quickly realized in my own experiments that only vanilla or galacticraft blocks would seal.

also the room can be no larger than 11x11 and currently the sealers DO NOT stack

They do stack, have sealed of a 15*15 (16*16 if you count the walls) large room using 4 sealers.

I play Tekkit 1.1.8. But seals are very buggy and we almost had to delete the moon since tekkit started to crash as soone anyone logged in that was on the moon. We managed to save it by changing the config så glass was not counting as a airtight block so the seals didn't try to seal the rooms. I had airsealed two buildings and when I trued to seal the passage between those two working sealed room I hit a mayor bugg. Best way is to skip oxygen and just use oxygen tanks and build a good system for easy resupplying oxygentanks instead. I hope when tekkit goes 1.6 or 1.7 we will have a better version of galacticraft with better oxygen system. This version we have in Tekkit are still have way to buggy oxygen code that crashes and put high stress on the server.