Well that was mature... (silly bans) Note: DON'T be starting shit with FC guys!

linkthegamer

Poster Edit: My original post is causing way to much shit and I really don't want to be responosible for making us look bad. It was a vent post and not meant to be a challenge. I also chose the worlds worst language when I typed it. I DID NOT JOIN THEIR AS A "GAME" I JUST FIGURED SOMEONE MIGHT GOOGLE ME AND SEE I POST HERE... A LOT. It's like me joining a board that does not like furries but likes a game I like. I am not going to say "Oh look I like cartoon animals" but as simple search shows I have several furry accounts.

I humbly apologize to the mods and admins and even FC and BTWF for the shit this damn post caused. That was not my intention. The original post is only here so context of the comments following it make sense. Please only reply to the part that is not struck out. If this continues to cause any more shit I humbly request someone box or recycle this. I am not important so stop acting like the OP is some kind of command. Thank you.

The following is an vent post, not a challenge, technic users are above such things as trolling and this is not a challenge to troll them. We can be the bigger people. Help make Technic look better. We are not trolls using a thief pack, don't act like it. Lastly it is my personal opinion that the only people who should try to act as pack ambassadors should be those with red names. Cheapshot and Kakermix are way better at remaining calm and level headed them most us technicians and you will likely just make things worse. This is NOT an order, just a recommendation.

Got bored and decided to see how long I could last on the BTW Forums without making a single post connecting me to Technic (well i kind of figured it would end as that, was not originally intended as such), managed to get perma-banned in less then 24 hours because I post here. Oh well, it was a fun experiment. Don't worry I didn't start any trouble for us there, I just wanted to see how long I would last before they decided to Google my name/recognized my avatar.

I'm officially known as one of the most active users on here and this post got a link back. ^_^

http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3818&p=61087#p61087

Official ban reason was "Technic Sympathizer" XP

In other news any regrets I may have had about FC jokes without knowing him are now gone, hurray.

Now to make this into a topic: What is the silliest (in your opinion) reason you have ever felt the ban hammer?

Re: Well that was mature... (silly bans)

Remember, don't cause any problems over there, just letting you know about a silly ban... that and I needed to vent because the goody-two shoes part of me feels bad for going and getting banned. XP

I have to admit, feel nice to have someone know who I am.

"Sympathizer"? This guy needs an injection of reality directly into his brain stem. Everything from religion to political upheaval ends up as flowery language referencing a bloody Minecraft modpack. A-maz-ing...

"Sympathizer"? This guy needs an injection of reality directly into his brain stem. Everything from religion to political upheaval ends up as flowery language referencing a bloody Minecraft modpack. A-maz-ing...

Oh you are now famous there again, they are talking about you being a possible sociopath due to a lack of empathy I believe. XD

That place is a total echo box by the way.

Fun, I got 17 posts in!

I saw that and you brought up technic stuff didn't you. I was never even going to mention it there. XP

The only rule I broke was the don't piss me off one. XP

Sociopath. Right. Somebody's been watching too much Criminal Minds.

A Sociopathic creativity rapist actually sounds like a good villain. That board seems to be more like FC and friends talk BTW then an actual forum

for the mod. XP

Why don't we make this into a competition?

Nah, that will make us look like a troll board (since this pack did spawn from SA post). If you made an account you can post how long you last. If you didn't please don't.

Best thing, no one can use my name on there now.

I had to post. I expect my being calm will lead to a nice debate on the merits of modpacks vs. mods or just piss 'em off more. I'm good either way. I think it's ridiculous for mod creators to try and control the way a user experiences a game. It's my choice, not theirs.

I'm not personally going to do anything to this thread right now, but i'd like to remind you all that cheapshot recently expressed an interest in improving our image, and hosting the trollympics at the better than wolves forum is not going to help in that.

I had to post. I expect my being calm will lead to a nice debate on the merits of modpacks vs. mods or just piss 'em off more. I'm good either way. I think it's ridiculous for mod creators to try and control the way a user experiences a game. It's my choice, not theirs.

Alright, I just don't want to have started a trolling campaign. I try to stay a neutral party in these type of things. Unlike other I don't really feed off of drama and lawlz or whatever it is now a days.

I'm not personally going to do anything to this thread right now, but i'd like to remind you all that cheapshot recently expressed an interest in improving our image, and hosting the trollympics at the better than wolves forum is not going to help in that.

Thus why I said to for people to please not do that. I just wanted to vent/share an antidote about my brief time there not start a MCtrollwar 2012.

Sorry I accidentally started something. I going to add a note to the OP about not trolling BTWF, unless you want to being a mod and all. There, think that will do it?

I actually got banned for trolling, even though I wasn't.

Dear baby jesus, I am utterly flabbergasted that someone would actually believe this.

And the enjoyment of the process itself, which Technic ignoring modder rights interferes with.

To my mind, it's not just a matter of copyright infringement. What's so distasteful about it IMO, is that they're doing it to people that are giving something to the community for free to begin with.

Kind like snatching a nun's purse or what have you. There's scummy...and then there's REALLY scummy.

I actually got banned for trolling, even though I wasn't.

Dear baby jesus, I am utterly flabbergasted that someone would actually believe this.

How bizarre.

Poster Note: Now that ErusPrime was banned I am asking (not telling, i'm NOT a mod) that no one else join the form with the intent to cause anything. Better yet just don't join as being pro-technic or pro-SomethinAwful (and maybe pro-yogbox or even pro-yogscast) is a violation of their rule and will likely be seen as a direct attack from Technic. Fell free to comment on what ErusPrime posted or tell us what the silliest ban you have been given is but PLEASE DO NOT start anything with FC and his forums. Again this is a recommendation not a demand.

How bizarre.

Poster Note: Now that ErusPrime was banned I am asking (not telling, i'm NOT a mod) that no one else join the form with the intent to cause anything. Better yet just don't join as being pro-technic or pro-SomethinAwful (and maybe pro-yogbox or even pro-yogscast) is a violation of their rule and will likely be seen as a direct attack from Technic. Fell free to comment on what ErusPrime posted or tell us what the silliest ban you have been given is but PLEASE DO NOT start anything with FC and his forums. Again this is a recommendation not a demand.

I'm a mod on a different server and I approve this message.

I'm a mod on a different server and I approve this message.

I'm an admin on my own server and my computer (and all subsequent virtual machines therein) and I approve that approval.

On topic: That stealing from a nun thing... just wow. You can't steal what is free. Oh well.

Interesting note: I am pro all those things but SA. I'm not anti-SA though. I just don't care either way. XP

This whole situation is just going to feed the flames even more.

I think it's kind of sad when someone (ErusPrime) tries to express an honest opinion towards the other side and is simply accused of trolling. It just shows how far things have escalated at this point on the scale of internet immaturity and just shows how hard it would be to mend the bridges.

The nature of this thread is kind of offensive IMHO, and though I may be biased towards Technic's side, I think just going on the BTW forums to see how long you can last and posting it in a thread for everyone to see is just going to make tension between the two sides even worse.

I also find it funny how all the folks over at BTW forums were guffawing over the post about forestry on the front page, and yet they ignore the message from Kakermix a few posts down saying the following:

"If you are feeling frisky and would like to throw money at people that deserve it, by all means take a run down the list and donate as you see fit."

What really bothers me is that people take the time to say that modders don't receive as many donations or as much attention when the technic team "steals their mods" and yet they don't even bother to investigate the other side of the spectrum for themselves and see what they're really doing. It just seems like everyone's opinion is based on word of mouth (or forum post). Unfortunately, no one ever seems to critically think or investigate for themselves anymore. It's just plain sad, to say the least.

Do the modders not give permission for their mods to be in the pack? Do they not recieve many more donations and much more publicity from being in the pack? If a modder respectfully asks the technic team to remove a mod from the pack and it is simply removed, then what's the problem here?

If that isn't the case, then I could see why people would be angry.

Hey there Flowerchild, I know you're reading this. Just thought I should tell you that I've used your mod before and it's a lot of fun. Keep up the great work.

I've also used every mod in the technic pack as well, they're a lot of fun too. It's great that I have the option to put them all together into a jizztastic combination to boot.

It just really bothers me that the anti-technic crowd acts as if the technic team is asking for donations, and they act as if they make money from distributing out the pack.

They don't.

They lose money.

It's time to put your thinking caps on and quit arguing like little children. Keep the minecraft modding scene alive!

I was repeatedly banned for trolling, but the silly one was when I told a person to "grow a pair" Ban reason was for Vulgar Language. So I wrote really graphic fan fic about fucking a goat then posting it in random RP threads when the ban was up. Not the most mature way to handle the situation, but it definitely made me feel better.