Unfair server lists!

jwa1

• Moderators

One...option, is to allow bumping on open servers BUT that is one can of worms that I highly doubt the admins and mods would want to open

Some server owners already do that. They try to circumvent the "no low effort" and "bump" by posting irrelevant stuff, like "we are looking for more staff!", "join today and get 3 diamond stacks" etc...

Most of those server owners have their own forums, so the bumping is unfair for those small open servers who don't and abides to this forums rules.

You say that like its some kind of competition to begin with. A good server will be populated by word of mouth generally and the forum posts are merely administrative. If your server's population relies solely upon your forum post remaining near the top, you're doing something wrong.

If you are not on the front page you essentially arnt getting anyone looking at your server

you didn't read one word i said did you?

How do you suppose word-of-mouth works on the internet? :/

It's not like people (or Minecrafters) have a place to come together and say: "oh, this server I found is really cool, you should check it out!"

I'm not saying that servers should solely rely on being at the top of the list to get new players, but it does help.