Elevator with out Railcraft now? please help.

Coupe

Just need some advice i guess. I recently started a new Tekkit server after not playing Tekkit for probably over a Year. I got a little mountain top fort going and Mining turtle excavate a 2x2 cube straight down to bed rock. So its 4 blockes total down . Well i had some trouble connecting that with my branch mining operation but i finally did it the other night. I went to put a elevator track and in the recipe wasnt working. So did research for the last week pretty much and found out it was taken out , and i cant really seem to find a good alternative. I put some vines in the for the time being , but they've only grown about half way down ( i think my fort is like 70 layers or so) and i've already fallen to my death twice lol .

So my question to you guys. How do you suggest i make a elevator type system from the top to the bottom. i dont need to stop inbetween, it would be cool but not manditory. I just need to go up>down and vise versa. I'd rather not snake a rail track in a spiral down there either. I'm still fairly early in the game. other then the small fort i've only been able to make a few combustion engines a pulverizer, electric furnice a small working refinery. Any help would be most appreciated because i'm pulling my hair over this problem.

btw, i apologize for the grammar/spelling, i'm at working typing this up quickly n a short break. So please bare with me. :)

Unfortunately the new Tekkit pack never had rail-craft as it is an older mod. Elevator tracks ARE awesome.

I would program some turtles to act as an elevator. Have one at the top that is programed to go down wait a few seconds for you to get off and then go back up. Then have another turtle doing the reverse at the bottom. You could also just use a mystcraft portal and save yourself the climb all together.

Yeah, like Norman said the easiest way would probably to make two unlinked books via the mystcraft mod and link one to the top, and one to the bottom, then place them in the opposite spot and just use them to teleport up and down.

But from what I've read on the wiki it says you can't use a book that links to the same dimension you are currently in. A possible work around could be to make a book to a random age and build a solid room up around where you spawn there to make a room to TP around to various overworld places.Might even be able to dig down and wall off and area to make a large TP room, but you'd have to bring another unlinked book in so you could link it to the new room or you'd spawn at the original entry point every time.

EDIT: did a little research, seems qcraft can make portals you can use to teleport with. this video should help

Haven't tested it myself yet, but from what I understand, the Dimensional Doors mod allows you to create portals for intra-world teleportation, as opposed to the Mystcraft books, which will only teleport you back and forth between dimensions (though the dedicated link book room is a nice workaround that I usually use, too).

http://wiki.technicpack.net/Rift_Signature

I usually don't like these "cheap, fast, easy" solutions (considering the ridiculously low cost of that rift signature thingy), which is why I haven't used that method so far, but hey, it's there in case you need it.

Yeah, like Norman said the easiest way would probably to make two unlinked books via the mystcraft mod and link one to the top, and one to the bottom, then place them in the opposite spot and just use them to teleport up and down.

But from what I've read on the wiki it says you can't use a book that links to the same dimension you are currently in. A possible work around could be to make a book to a random age and build a solid room up around where you spawn there to make a room to TP around to various overworld places.Might even be able to dig down and wall off and area to make a large TP room, but you'd have to bring another unlinked book in so you could link it to the new room or you'd spawn at the original entry point every time.

EDIT: did a little research, seems qcraft can make portals you can use to teleport with. this video should help

Just so you know Shawn and Redsector, you can actually make Inter-linking books with Mystcraft that link within the same dimension. You simply need to drop a ender pearl or two into the ink-mixer and have a small amount of luck.

Railcraft is not in Tekkit because Covert Jaguar's desire to stroke his ego precludes allowing the 2 - 3 million Technic players to play with his mod.

You don't need it, anyway, because of linking books (They can be made to work intra-dimensionally, check the wiki) dimensional doors, and in the 1.6 beta Tekkit, you can build quantum portals and TE3 teleporting pads.

Or you could use your imagination. I'd make the tunnel wider and embed a spiral minecart track in glass walls, that could be cool.