Optifine?

gnark1ll420

Go add it yourself.

Follow the instructions. It's not that hard. Just make sure you get the right version for this version of Minecraft.

Yeah it doesn't work. Tried opening the modpack.rar in 7zip and dragging the contents of the Optifine folder into it and it just ends up making Attack of the B-Team not even open.

Optifine is added a special way. it is not added by dragging a file. i would suggest searching this website http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-172-optifine-hd-c2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ for the right Download. After that you will have a download in your downloads folder. drag that onto your desktop and open it. there it will ask you were to install it. write the technic (%appdata%) URL and try that. if that dos'nt work then im wrong

Optifine is added a special way. it is not added by dragging a file. i would suggest searching this website http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-172-optifine-hd-c2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ for the right Download. After that you will have a download in your downloads folder. drag that onto your desktop and open it. there it will ask you were to install it. write the technic (%appdata%) URL and try that. if that dos'nt work then im wrong

Hmm that's a different way, I suppose I can try that. Previously when using things like Hexxit you would download Optifine, extract the files, open the modpack.rar with 7zip (or whatever you may use to open such things), and then drag the contents of Optifine putting it directly into the modpack.rar and just launch the game like normal. I was thinking since it didn't work the same with Attack of the B-Team, after I downloaded Optifine for 1.6.4 and followed my previous steps, that maybe some of the mods didn't support Optifine since I know there are some that don't.

Edit: Upon trying the way you instructed opening Optifine on my desktop, I'm only given the option of installing it into vanilla Minecraft and I'm unable to "write the technic (%appdata%) URL".

you just need to put the optifine file into the mods folder. You dont need to install it manually into the jar, thats what forge is for.

I have optifine installed, its working perfectly.

Did you extract the files first or just put it directly into the mods folder after downloading? Also what was the file called so I can make sure I have exactly the right one.

Wow it worked and also turns out I had a different file than that which was the cause of my problem. Thank you so much and anyone who wants Optifine to work with this mod they just have to follow your instructions. :)

• 6 months later...

Supposedly, there was a rendering issue with Tinkers Construct.

I don't know how true that still is. It may have been fixed, it may never have existed. It may only surface on rare cases.

There's two folks saying it works, so... go for it, I'd say.

I will admit that there are minor issues with mine as well, at the screen edge chests and lockers might flicker a bit or become invisible but this is only at the very edge of the screen. I have not tested with alot of the blocks as it does not really bother me now that I am aware of what it is. 

It does add a nice list of adjustments for the game as far as graphics go.