Flans Error Help

Konman156

Time: 3/2/14 9:41 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at co.uk.flansmods.common.teams.TeamsManager.tick(TeamsManager.java:136)
at co.uk.flansmods.common.CommonTickHandler.sTick(CommonTickHandler.java:32)
at co.uk.flansmods.common.CommonTickHandler.tickEnd(CommonTickHandler.java:25)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:813)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

I can't see anything specific there (it was working in worldedit, but with essentials and towny it'd always be working with worldedit so that's no surprise).

Do you have a client log from when it crashed?  Did it crash you out in the client or just drop you with a server disconnect?

Yeah, most likely thing is a dodgy item that when you come in range of and the server loads it takes everything down.  The client will know what it was trying to do when it happened.  It's usually an oven in this version, if you put anything in there it can't cook (like mutton or raw meat, stuff from foodplus) it'll break everything.

So far I've had problems with the Furniture Mod Oven (can cause server crash), Flans gun upgrade table (only clientside crashes for some clients, doesn't need turning off because it leaves the server alone but I haven't isolated it yet), and a sacred rubber tree.  Spawn one of those in singleplayer then decide if you want that happening in multiplayer or not ;)  A few issues with Archimedes Ships (but worst case has been a matter of removing the ship, so not really deserving of turning off - where a bad ship/player is might crash the game for all nearby players though).

Other than that everything else has been fixed I think (Dragons come to mind, but I'm sure there were others).

The only thing I can think that might trigger it more readily if Flans is the problem (could be based on what you put) is by trying to use that teams system, but I haven't actually tried that myself (it's the thing that gives the TF style classes and Spetznas/Marine teams).  I think there's a Team Spawner item from memory?  I'm currently playing with 1.0.9 (and breaking things) so I can't check just yet myself.

Do you get this a lot too, Aaron?  Can I see your server log to make sure it's the same thing?

I've seen that before but I didn't think it was to do with Flans and I couldn't reproduce it, do you get it a lot near Inrix or was that a one-off thing?

I tried hats, morphs, everything I could think of that might've been an issue to try to reproduce - I hadn't thought of Flans teams (though that wasn't in any of my logs)

Hmm... start by using /teams off and see if that makes any difference.  I'm not sure if that change persists from server restarts, though, so make sure you re-run it if the server restarts (if it crashes we should at least get a different error and we can go from there).

Thanks, I might do that sometime if I get the chance, but I'm in an odd timezone (New Zealand, +12 GMT) so it might well not be possible to time right.  Let me know if anything changes (or if that fixes it) and PM me the teamspeak address :)