My quarry does not dig

Sjotrik

Hello to you all!

I have a slight problem with quarries on my server that me and a friend is using.

I´m not very familiar with modding, editing code or any of this sort, just how to use the console to the server.

Now, my issue is that i tried to make a quarry the other day, but all it did after setting the landmarks and powered it, was to build the orange frame. after it finished the frame, it didnt start digging or do anything. it simply stopped.

Is there any known solution to this? Anything that failed in my server that i need to edit?

Im using tekkit server version 1.1.10

Many thanks!

Sjotrik

edit: I found on the internet that /op [buildCraft] could work, and i have tried. Didnt work for me.

Edited by Sjotrik

how did you power it? you cannot plug a redstone energy cell or a tesseract direct, those both use rf power and the quarry requires MJ, use one link of redstone conduit between your power source and the quarry and it should start working.

if you look at the quarry with waila installed you should see not only if it has power but if it is running (the power will fluctuate)

on my server we have also noticed that the quarries will stop when player is out of range (almost like their internal chunk loading is broken) we have just started dropping chunk loaders on them at the default setting (you only need to have the quarry in a  loaded chunk)

how did you power it? you cannot plug a redstone energy cell or a tesseract direct, those both use rf power and the quarry requires MJ, use one link of redstone conduit between your power source and the quarry and it should start working.

if you look at the quarry with waila installed you should see not only if it has power but if it is running (the power will fluctuate)

on my server we have also noticed that the quarries will stop when player is out of range (almost like their internal chunk loading is broken) we have just started dropping chunk loaders on them at the default setting (you only need to have the quarry in a  loaded chunk)

I used 2 stirling engines to power it, directly on the left and right side of the quarry.

This waila thing i will look into. Do the other people on my server need this also to connect?

The out of range thing should not be a problem. I will probably add some chunk loaders to the server eventually, though.

walia comes with tekkit 1.6.4 by default.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think 2 sterling engine are powerful to actually drive the quarry

waila will confirm that though it will tell you the min power req to start

walia comes with tekkit 1.6.4 by default.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think 2 sterling engine are powerful to actually drive the quarry

waila will confirm that though it will tell you the min power req to start

My tekkit is in version 1.5.2, so if i have to update the server i will lose the content, wont i? I read on the update notes that all saves probably will be corrupted. :/

i will try with stronger engines.

EDIT:

I got it to work by putting on some combustion engines instead. i guess the /op [buildCraft] worked, but just didnt have enough power. because i did try with combustion engines before i opped Buildcraft, and posted this topic.

Thanks for the help, TonyVS! and for the tips about Walia and chunk loaders.

-Sjotrik

Edited by Sjotrik