B-Team 1.0.9c Crash On Startup - Your Answer

Witchery's Spirit World is conflicting with Galcticraft's SpaceStations. I imagine you are trying to connect to a Multiplayer Server? There is nothing you can do at the moment to fix this unless you can get in contact with the server owner and tell them to change the config file in witchery for the spirit world to use a different dimension ID number. The server owner will have to patch his/her config file server side and then all of the clients (you all) will have to manually edit your witchery config file to use the ID for the spirit world that the server owner has set it to.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then would I,myself, have to change the ID or would it be the server owner?

If I am able to change the ID of GalacticCraft and/or Witchery Spirit World, what would I do? Like, what steps would I take to change it, and what ID should I change them to? (Edit)

Edited by BlackRoses

The server owner will have to change the ID used in the server config files and you would have to change your client config files to match what the server owner set them to. 

So if your server owner sets the Spirit World Dim ID to 20 you would have to go into your witchery config and set the Spirit Dim ID to 20

I already have the newest version of Java (Java 7) and it does nothing to fix the problem. And I cannot find a crash log anywhere.

I'm no coding expert, but from my log I read it seems that a lot of things are missing. It's "using missing textures", whatever that means. Is the "resource" folder for Attack of the B Team supposed to have things in it? Because mine has no files for some reason.

Mike, Apple abandoning you nearly 3 years ago isn't something you need to yell about here - it's the wrong place (no-one here was responsible for that), go to the apple forums, or look through my posts for a workaround for your problem.

Ah..ok, I'll try to find the server website and see if I can get the AOTBT owner to change it.

-BlackRoses

I'm 99% sure you are speaking of my server, and We have not updated to the new version because of all these problems yet.  Downgrade you client back to 1.0.8 and you can join again.

Hello I still can't get attack of the b-team to launch. I downloaded java 7 but it did nothing

Im on a mac btw. 

I had the same problem. I updated java but I just downloaded jre and the luncher didn't start. So I tried to download jdk and that worked. You can change this in the Terminal if you want to use jre.

Edited by hafsteinnd

You know, now that I think about it I've seen that problem in a lot of MacOS versions to the point that for MacOS I often go straight for the JDK if there's anything odd at all with the JRE, so good call there.  I even used the JDK in my suggestions of what people download with MacOS problems without even thinking about it. :P

I'm surprised it's still a thing with Mavericks, but I guess it's not exactly all friendliness between Oracle and Apple so I shouldn't be surprised really.  Oracle isn't cool with doing free work making it play nice with MacOS, and Apple isn't cool with doing free work for Oracle making their platforms play nice, both are reasonable points but it kinda sucks all round for users.

• Moderators

Now I'm confused as to what I should tell Mac users in the future regarding jre and jdk. I once told one user in the tracker to remove jdk since he got 64 library exception written all over his log.

In all honesty JRE is probably where you should advise people to go first (it's smaller and less complex so in theory less likely to have problems), but I've always had better results with JDK on MacOS so I tend towards that.  It's possible that I've simply been lucky, or I've only had problems because mostly machines use JRE and that's why I hit problems with it more, but I've had so few problems with the JDK there it's getting hard to think it's just a coincidence.

The way I tend to think of it is this; (this is my current opinion)

If you've got one shot (strange or difficult install situation), you're pressed for time, or you've already got JRE installed, try JDK.

If you've got problems with JDK, remove the other VM's then if you've still got problems try JRE.

okay, the mods are

TConstruct : 1.6.X_1.5.2.1

GalacticraftCore : 2.0.9

ProjectRed:(Transmission, Integration, Transportation, Illumination, Expansion, Compatibility, and Exploration) : 1.0

advancedgenetics : v1.4

CarpentersBlocks : v2.0.2

ProjectRed:Core : 4.2.2.19

witchery : 0.14.0

ForgeMultipart : 1.0.0.227

McMultipart : 1.0.0.227

GalacticraftMars : 2.0.9