A way to speed it up ?

Niverton

Hey,

today I wanted to build an elevator using Redstone In Motion and ComputerCraft. I made it, it's almost finished, the problem is that it's slow. It takes around 1.6 second to move one block (in singleplayer, so it'll be slower on a server I think). It'll be fine if I only wanted to move it in short spaces, but I wanted it to go down a quarry hole. Is there any way to speed it up ?

Screenshots

That's not really instantly, because it takes time to teleport the thing. I'll try and see if it takes less time to teleport it rather than moving it over long distance, thanks. By the way, do you know how does the translocators work ? Because as far as I've seen, they just teleport to each other randomly. Is there a way to choose where it is gonna be transported ?

I was wondering if I could use three translocator, put one at the top, one at the middle and one at the bottom of my elevator shaft, so my program chooses whereas it's faster moving or teleporting to the closest translocator to the destination. I can't find a tutorial on the web explaining how they work exactly. It seems the translocator that will be used as destination is the newest one placed in the world

I was wondering if I could use three translocator, put one at the top, one at the middle and one at the bottom of my elevator shaft, so my program chooses whereas it's faster moving or teleporting to the closest translocator to the destination. I can't find a tutorial on the web explaining how they work exactly. It seems the translocator that will be used as destination is the newest one placed in the world

I don't think more than 2 translocators can be used.  

Use qcraft portals or warp doors :)

Easy way to go around the problem, but that's not what I'm looking for. These are a lot less fun to make and use

I found in the config a line to change the speed of the movement, but it seems there's a minimum value, and the change isn't really noticeable (or I did something wrong).

A friend and I are now working on a mod that will allow us to have an elevator that fits us, that will be really fun :)