Launcher closes after I click play on my private modpack

jameshaskell

Hello, I've finally come on here to resolve my problem. People who say they have the problem, do not know how to solve it. Every time I click play on my private mod pack it just re-launches the launcher. My error is here.

If you would like to download, to see what is going wrong with my pack paste this: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/mortus-ars into your mod pack.

or if you would just like the file download, here.

Thank you in advance to anyone who could help solve my problem. I bet it's something extremely stupid or small that I'm overlooking. I am not a coder so even the smallest help would be nice :)

• Discord Moderator
  • You have Galacticraft Planets and MicdoodleCore, but don't have the main Galacticraft mod.
  • You have an amazingly old version of IC2 Experimental that doesn't match your other IC2 mods (like Gregtech and Compact Solars). Update that to Build #397.
  • Your recipes for MMMPS are in the mods folder. Those belong in "configmachinemuserecipes".
  • You are missing Aroma1997Core dependency for CompactWindmills.
  • You are missing CoFHCore dependency for ThermalExpansion.
  • You have an outdated version of denLib for the version of CreeperCollateral you have included. Update to at least denLib 1.6.4-3.2.6.
  • Your LogisticsPipes mod is WAY out of date. For an older version of BC. Use 0.7.4.dev.113.
  • You have mis-matched Calclavia mods. I know that ICBM 1.4.1.339 works with CalclaviaCore 1.1.1.287. Unfortunately, the most recent builds of Calclavia's mods don't always work together. Versions close to yours that seems to at least allow the client to start: CalclaviaCore-1.1.1.287, ICBM-1.4.1.339, MFFS-3.2.6.51, UniversalElectricity-3.1.0.74.
  • You have included the HopperDuctMod for Forge/MC 1.7.2 not 1.6.4. Get HopperDuctMod 1.2.2.
  • You have included GregTech mod in your pack. Unfortunately, GregTech doesn't "play well with others" in many ways and given the number of mods in your pack it just isn't going to work. Not worth the effort to even try (imo).
  • You have so many item ID conflicts that I think the OpenPeripheralAddons is just imploding (and causing a crash). Once you get those resolved you might be able to try re-enabling that mod.
  • You are not including any config files with your pack. Given the number of mods this will be fatal for clients due to item and block ID conflicts. Given the laundry list of issues you see above it is clear that this pack has never been started and could never be. One must ALWAYS include config files for the mods in a pack.
  • After getting most of these problems resolved (except item IDs, so many of those I'm not going to even try) I was still unable to actually start a SSP world. I am getting errors indicating that the client is running out of PermGen memory. Since there's no easy way to increase that in the client anymore you might be out of luck. There are many very large, item/block/worldgen heavy mods in this pack. You might have to start trimming back.

You might be asking yourself how I found all these problems? I would recommend that you use a custom modpack I maintain called BareBonesPack:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/barebonespack.271497

This will allow you to have an "empty" pack that only has Forge installed for your chosen version of Forge/MC (check the pack settings to select version before starting). Just from working with your pack (literally for hours) it seems like you have combined parts of multiple other packs, downloaded some mods on your own and I'm not sure about the rest. This makes it nearly impossible (or at least highly frustrating) to diagnose problems. Adding them in a few at a time (specifically mods that "go together") will make your life much easier.

Thanks so much :D That worked, I removed the mods you suggested and i ended up just going into vanilla and using the forge stuff on there. It turns out the mod that was making the client run out of perm size was the farlanders mod. I removed that fixed like 10 id conflicts and it loaded up! There are a few minor bugs (such as apatite dropping silver pickaxes but I'm sure I can fix that) but other than that it works fine, and I'm looking forward to playing with it :) I'm going to eventually get round to fixing some of the other mods i want added in but for now this will do. Thanks again!

• 11 months later...

I am having the same problems but with different mods! I only have 7 and they are : Twilight forest Mod, Biomes O Plenty mod, Disease craft beta, Item Physic's Full version (not lite), NEI, the More ores mod, and Magical crops mod. I tested it in the Normal Minecraft Launcher and it worked completely fine! But when I press play on the Technic launcher it goes through its normal routine then closes the launcher half- a millesecond later opens the launcher again! I have know idea whats going but heres the link:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/the-plentiful-mods-modpack

if you could be so kind and help me out, I appreciate and welcome anyones help.

• Discord Moderator

Posting unrelated requests in a thread that is nearly a year old is considered bad form. You do not have "the same problems but with different mods". You have a different problem. In the future, please create a new thread when you require assistance.

• You have the Forge installer as your /bin/modpack.jar. The modpack.jar file should be the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to modpack.jar.