Hey peoples. I'm trying to setup a fissile reactor so that once it reaches a certain temperature, the fuel rod inside will pop out, so that the water will then cool it down. Once it is down below a certain temperature, then the fuel rod would go back in. I've tried a few ways that I've google, however none achieved any help... atomic waste went everywhere. Is there a way to do this whilst still using water and the turbines to make a sufficient source of electricity. All help will be much appreciated. :D

basicly, you'll want to have a reactor drain hooked to your reactor.  The bottom is the easiest place to hide it so it doesn't look ugly.  Hook a pipe too the drain that can pump, like a wooden fluid pipe with a redstone engine powering it, or an autarchic gate to auto pule instead of the engine.  Then just pipe the waste into a void fluid pipe.  This will keep your reactor from dumping all its toxic waste into its surroundings.

as for pulsing it, well, not so important anymore.  But does still allow you to extend the run time of a fissile fuel cell.  Hmmm.  used to be able to just use 4 control rods to cycle your reactor completely off by extending the redstone signal from the thermometer using a rednet controler...  not sure how well this works now with the changes only half way done on the fission reactor.  don't know if the control rods can turn off a reactor anymore.  but.  you can remote link a thermometer to your reactor by shift right clicking on the reactor with the thermometer in your hand.  Then you can place the thermometer down somewhere nearby.  there should be a way to link two thermometers and have one tell the control rods to extend when the reactor gets hot, and the other to turn it back off when the reactor gets cold again.  project red should have the parts to make this work...  but I don't remember how to set it up anymore... :

ok.  think I have it.  thermometer 1(hot thermometer) hooked directly to 1 input on a toggle latch.  It outputs a redstone signal when the reactor gets hot.  Toggle latch has a continuous redstone input into the center.  thermometer 2(cold thermometer) is hooked up to an inverter that reverses it's redstone signal.  output from inverter is set to second input on toggle latch.

how it would work.  both thermometers are remotely monitoring the reactor.  when the reactor starts to warm up(is turned on) thermometer 2 is triggered.  it's signal is inverted so the signal to the latch is turned off(nothing happens).  Now, the reactor gets hot and trips thermometer 1, which outputs a signal to the latch, telling it to switch on the signal from the continuous input and sending this to the pistons holding the control rods, or the system the removes the cell(turtle maybe?).  With the reactor now turned off, it starts too cool down.  once it drops below the level of thermometer1, its signal turns off(nothing happens), so the reactor temp continues to drop.  When it drops below the temp of thermometer 2, it also turns off it's signal.  but since the signal from thermometer two is inverted, it instead sends a signal too the latch, telling it to switch off the continuous signal.  this lets the control rods drop, or tells the fuel rod system to place the rod back in.  So the reactor starts to heat up again. continuing the cycle.