Dark matter

MegaMan1051

hello i was just wondering can anyone tell me how to make dark matter I've tried several methods but with no luck and they seems to be no help on youtube or in any wikis, i heard that you cant make it and I've heard that you can. To be honest i'm just really confused and i need a hand 

Dark Matter was a part of Equivalent Exchange 2, which can only be used with Minecraft 1.2.5 and is otherwise abandoned. If you absolutely must play with Dark Matter, Tekkit Classic still has it.

Equivalent Exchange 3 is included in the current Tekkit, still very incomplete and work-in-progress, and without Dark Matter. The author stated that Dark Matter will return at some point, but gave no schedule. We will have to wait.

Edited by Curunir

http://calclavia.com/atomic-science/documentation/strange-matter/

"The only way to obtain Dark Matter is by colliding two particles from a Particle Accelerator together. The particles must be traveling at more than 50% velocity; only then will they have a 5% of exploding and producing Dark Matter. The explosion created by the particle(s) do not hurt the player, and are entirely harmless. The minimum distance a particle must travel to explode is two blocks from the accelerator. Note that BOTH particles have to reach 50% velocity. It will appear in the Inventory slot of the Accelerator if successfully created."

• 4 months later...

Megaman1051

I know it has been some time since your post, but you have not updated your post with a success, so I have assumed you have not had one yet. I have been successful in creating Atomic Science Dark matter. Mine is a Minecraft 1.6.4 server, and is running the current recommended Tekkit 1.2.9e under the Technic launcher Atomic Science Ver. 1.2.0.63. My Dark matter rig is extremely rough draft. At my first success, and at current it is a particle accelerator pattern 83 blocks X 23 blocks that accelerates the particle to just over 60% in one lap, and the particle destabilizes just after two laps, I guesstimate because the 23 block side is not long enough to support those speeds. I have inserted two particle accelerators into a corner, one going one direction the other the other, and turn on one particle accelerator till its particle reaches >50% speed (Dash16 correctly states rules governing the topic in fore mentioned post with one exception, only one particle has to attain speeds >50% through no fault of his own, he only quoted the official website), then I switch on the opposite directed particle accelerator, and then they collide with only one particle having attained speeds >50%. The other particle speed is not of consequence. However If you do have two particles at speeds >50%  instead of just one particle at time of impact, I would imagine it would take your chances from 5% to 10% success at attaining Dark Matter upon successful impact. I had 5% chance with my rig giving me at most 20 attempts before successfully attaining Dark Matter from collision, I scored in 4 attempts, and the Dark Matter does end up in the particle accelerator block in the antimatter slot, and not as a pick up on the ground in my case. Both particle accelerators share just 50 RF from the hardened energy cell between them.

I hope this helps, here are some pics. I will try to make a youtube video on the subject, as I have found no other media anywhere into the topic as of yet. 

P.S. The only difference b/w atomic electromagnet, electromagnet, and electromagnet glass besides the obvious cost, and transparency is that atomic electromagnets do not break after explosions made at random particle collisions. This might cause you to spend the extra cost so your rig doesn't blow. I have used every electromagnet block and they all seem to be interchangeable in every aspect of my rig except that fact.

2014-07-28_152654-1.png2014-07-28_155329-1.png2014-07-28_152859-1.png2014-07-28_155347-1.png

Edited by auriga60

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got my final product up and running, it is like the other loop only crazy expensive/large, and made entirely of atomic electromagnets (cheated) 1x1 84x84 produces maybe 2 dark matter every 5 min. Atomic Energy is no more, it has been absorbed into Resonant Induction by Calclavia mod, which i don't know if Tekkit will pick up, it would be a very nice addition to Tekkit, a bunch of different answers to energy needs in that mod. Unfortunately the version of atomic energy we have is bugged. The Particle Accelerators work to their specs from what i gather, but the Quantum Assembler uses too much Dark Matter making it almost not worth the effort (uses entire Dark Matter rods 5 per replication, instead of 1/10 of 5 rods per replication, by definition), and it still will not recognize some valuable ores bringing down the value of the QA even more (ex: shiny metal). The QA also will not accept the injection of DM into the block from any pipes, or other apparatus in my experience which means no automation, and you have to use the GUI of the block to insert DM, if you find out different please let me know.

I do play in survival mode, but when I test I use creative mode for this precise reason. If I would have gone through the effort to make this in survival mode, then found this out, I'm pretty sure I would not be able to type this response due to the fact my keyboard would be firmly implanted through my LED screen.

Live Long, and Prosper

Edited by auriga60

I think the Tekkit team knows that Atomic Science is up for change - which can either mean removal or migration to Resonant Induction in an upcoming version. Either way, they have not announced anything in that regard, so we have to wait how things are sorted out. People are always free to tinker with their own modpack builds (based on Tekkit or from scratch) and try changing this for themselves if they cannot wait.

Tekkit is a slow-moving ship, so people won't fall overboard. It may be desirable for many to have all the cutting-edge mods included immediately, but if this was done, savegame compatibility would be compromised often, and outrage about that would probably eclipse the positive effects. Add to this the cliffs of base game version changes that have to be navigated (next up: jump to Minecraft 1.7.x) and you'll see how hard it can be to maintain a large modpack. It's a difficult balancing act.

Edited by Curunir

• 3 weeks later...

@auriga60 Thanks for sharing your build and that bit of information. It helped me narrow in on understanding dark matter creation, and cut through a lot of the rumors. In kind, I decided to share my build as well, in hopes it might useful to others.

I went with a 4-beam architecture using eight particle accelerators. It is completely automated and produces about 24 dark matter every 20 min, or 1.2 DM/min. To control the automation I used a timer, OR gate, invert cell, and state cell  from ProjectRed. The timer is set to a couple of seconds after the particles collide (e.g. 43 seconds). Then it triggers the invert cell which runs a redstone signal into the OR gate for about 1.1 seconds just to shut the particle accelerators off and reset their operation. Afterwards, the invert cell returns to its normal OFF state allowing the accelerators to turn on and begin the whole process all over again. Simply hook up an ME system to the accelerators or use a JABBA barrel or something to make sure there is always junk to accelerate and that you can pull out your dark matter. In my case I used EnderIO item conduits and set them to run in parallel, then just set some whitelists on the conduits at certain points. Also, FYI, I have creative energy cells from TE supplying power for this test build, but it seems like each accelerator is using 5,000 RF. So you can only run two accelerators per redstone energy conduit line when you power these in your survival game.

It is a fairly expensive build being there are 5988 electromagnets in the design. Although it would be easy to build, it's certainly something you would work up to in survival. What makes this nice is the facility is sufficiently large enough in perimeter that I can just run an antimatter ring around it and share the electromagnets. This allows you to have an all-in-one location for your antimatter/dark matter needs. :)
Pics are in the spoiler tags:

3XanFpm.png

l2Y2Kkb.png

TiNqHkG.png

S4R295O.png

8lMS821.png

1AMpNrr.png

owIbxBO.png

Edited by speakerrob