Favorite Power Source

TOSU1

biofuel.  why?  because you can make them completely over complex.  and by making them overly complex, it keeps me occupied for the longest time in making the power source.  Plus the item sorting, plus the resource management requirements, plus the uses for the extra resources produced.

Late game, used to be atomic science fusion. Now, not so sure, really enjoying the Big Reactors mod now.  it's interesting when you can make your power source be larger then the rest of your base.

A yellorium reactor from Big Reactors. I like the lego-brick logic, the relative simplicity and the size. I can fine-tune it to what I currently need and it is probably the cheapest way (in relation to mining effort) to get ludicrous amounts of energy.

Second place row would be a battery of Compression Dynamos running on fuel. I like to pipe all that (annoyingly) surplus oil into a refinery and generate a massive "backup diesel generator" to run off all that fuel.

I am just a little dissatisfied with the power storage options. A Resonant Energy Cell will save 50 million RF, so you need enormous stacks of them in mid-to-late game if you operate on a large scale. Not even to mention that difficult phase before you get your Enderium production up, so you have to use Redstone Energy Cells with only 10M RF per cell. This is my second big gripe besides liquid storage (walls of fuel), otherwise Tekkit does great for me.

Big Reactors seem to be by and far the superior mod this iteration. Atomic Science is needlessly complex and seems to be a burden on your server when you need to have a hundred plus large turbines to deal with the steam output from a single reactor. You also don't get much opportunity to tune and customize your setup with AS.

I use a system of two 7x7x7 external size yellorium reactors powering 9 large turbines producing 190,000 RF/tick. Both reactors use a combined 0.3 mb/tick of yellorium.

I have a backup system consisting of an array of reactant dynamos with energized redstone and blaze powder. These are constantly on and trickling 4 RF/tick per dynamo onto the system, so if the reactors go offline for whatever reason, me AE ME system wont power down.

Big Reactors seem to be by and far the superior mod this iteration. Atomic Science is needlessly complex and seems to be a burden on your server when you need to have a hundred plus large turbines to deal with the steam output from a single reactor. You also don't get much opportunity to tune and customize your setup with AS.

I use a system of two 7x7x7 external size yellorium reactors powering 9 large turbines producing 190,000 RF/tick. Both reactors use a combined 0.3 mb/tick of yellorium.

I have a backup system consisting of an array of reactant dynamos with energized redstone and blaze powder. These are constantly on and trickling 4 RF/tick per dynamo onto the system, so if the reactors go offline for whatever reason, me AE ME system wont power down.

AS turbines or the big reactor multiblock turbines?