shiny ingot or platinum

Fandore

some cleaver ways of making this have been seen but still, this metal is just way too hard to obtain... i dont think it should be easy but leaving it to the pulveriser as an only means to obtaining it is just too much... i would like to see a way of gaining a little bit more if possible. maybe a mod redirected for only gaining this mat if needed would be better then none... any thoughts here ?

There is a pretty easy way to get shiny ingots.

1. Get a silk touch pick. (Easy with Tinkers Construct).

2. Go mine ALL THE REDSTONE. Seriously, get like 10 stacks of redstone ore. And while you're at it, grab all the Ferrous Ore you see.

3. Run the redstone ore through a pulverizer. The secondary item from that is Cinnabar.

4. Place both the cinnabar and any Ferrous Ore you've collected into an Induction Smelter. Smelting those together gives you a 100% chance of receiving the secondary item. In this case, shiny ingots. I'm sitting on a stack of shiny from doing this. It just takes some gathering time.

I didn't even know about the above posters method but I've never had issues getting ferrous and putting it through the pulverizer. I've never needed so many shiny related components that it is impossible to acquire or go through with existing ores.

The cinnabar method works wonderfully. I have so much enderium now I don't know what to do with it. I also suggest using it with tin when you start working on galacticraft stuff. It was a problem I had that I had loads of everything but, even though I thought it was quite a bit, I ran out of tin. Using cinnabar with the ore gets you 3 ingots per 1 ore.

Edited by AlmostAnne