IC2 Quarry running even if players offline

Ultra

How to run Quarry when I'm offline on the Tekkit Main server?

I have Chunk loader (Square, 10 chunks) all over the place and my setup is:

Yet as soon as I logoff it breaks like 10 more blocks and stops :( How to keep it running? I recall on Tekkit Classic World Anchor Block was fine.

Edited by Ultra

• Discord Moderator

How about that. I hadn't notice yet that the current TekkitMain doesn't have the mod that provides the feature which allows you to show which chunks around you are force loaded with the F6 key (default bind). You can still use "/chunkloaders" to see which chunks are loaded. As for F9, it will basically show you exact chunk borders in different ways depending on how you cycle through the views by continuing to click it.

How to run Quarry when I'm offline on the Tekkit Main server?

I have Chunk loader (Square, 10 chunks) all over the place and my setup is:

Yet as soon as I logoff it breaks like 10 more blocks and stops :( How to keep it running? I recall on Tekkit Classic World Anchor Block was fine.

The Quarry itself has a chunkloader on the drill so that shoulnd be the problem. Make sure you have the following things correct:

Place the chunk loader near the Quarry and make sure the following things are inside:

- The Quarry itself (duh)

- The Energy  Cell

- The conduits from the energy cell to the quarry

- The Item transport pipes from the quarry to the chests or whatever you have hooked.

Then make sure you have all of this CHUNK LOADED:

Including ALL the liquiducts or your power supply wont work when you go offline. Better use some Tesseracts so dont need to Chunkload that whole liquiduct pipeline.

Two examples :

The Quarry itself : '>

Storage / Filter point : '>

Hope this helps.

Edited by m0nk

As it turns out "Advanced Machines" (Harvester, Planter) and "Thermal Expansion" (ducts) just wont work when laoded by "Chunk Loader" or "Dimensional Anchor".

Screens of my setup: '>
Edited by Ultra

how is the dimensional anchor configured?

User RMB on it... you might have to increase the size as it only loads 1 chunk in the standard configuration (when planted)

I can confirm that any ducts are working fine with dimensional anchors on my server...

EDIT:

about the F9 functionality:

if you press it a few times, you end up with an area above your head (far) and a few green or red lines to the bedrock from it. Theres a highlited rectangle, thats the chunk you are in.

everything thats inside the green borders is chunkloaded, anything outside is not...

Also you should use hardened energy conduits to power your quarry, otherwise it will run really really slow...

Edited by HeatHunter

how is the dimensional anchor configured?

9x9 owned by owner (not op/server)

User RMB on it.

Do you mean it needs redstone singal? I have no redstone signal on it and it says it's active: '>

if you press it a few times, you end up with an area above your head (far) and a few green or red lines to the bedrock from it. Theres a highlited rectangle, thats the chunk you are in.

Can I ask for screenshot?

Edited by Ultra

RMB = right mouse button ^^

but as you gave me the size you already know theres a configuration interface...

About the redstone signal, I'm not really sure, but I think if you provide it a redstone signal, it deactivates the Dimensional Anchor... (have to test this)

About the loaded chunks:

I'll provide a screenshot when I'm home... about 2h from now...

also, is there a limit of loaded chunks on the server you're playing?

I had an issue on my server with too much too near dimensional anchor and chunkloaders that were overlapping each other.

I do believe that you should avoid that.

Can you make another screenshot of your setup with F9 key pressed 3 times ?

If there is a limit of loaded chunks per player, the Dimensional Anchor should display this limit in its interface. I have been using a DA to keep my base loaded, and all production chains would keep running fine. So it definitely works for TE Itemducts, Fluiducts and most other things.

P.S.: Mistake in thread title: the quarry is from Buildcraft. IC2 is gone from Tekkit.

A minor thing, but it might confuse some people.

Edited by Curunir

If there is a limit of loaded chunks per player, the Dimensional Anchor should display this limit in its interface. I have been using a DA to keep my base loaded, and all production chains would keep running fine. So it definitely works for TE Itemducts, Fluiducts and most other things.

P.S.: Mistake in thread title: the quarry is from Buildcraft. IC2 is gone from Tekkit.

A minor thing, but it might confuse some people.

I think it's actually forge that limits the number of force-loaded chunks. Beyond that individual mods can also limit the number of chunks their specific chunkloaders can load. Looking in chicken chunks, it looks like default is 5000 chunks per player for tekkit. Immibis dimensional anchors can also have limits set, but default seems to be unlimited.