[HELP] My custom modpack downloads and unzips, but doesnt launch!

omrizod

• Discord Moderator
  • It is "bad form" (ill advised) to include resource packs in your pack archive. Personally I would extend this to say that it is not a good idea to include shaderpacks as well (or at least more than one). In your case, you have so many of both that the required part of your pack is 100M and the resource/shader packs are 200M. That is needless bloat to the pack. Keep in mind that every time you change anything at all in your pack and re-publish it that everyone will have to download the entire thing. Not good. Put links to this content where your users can access it and remove it from your pack.
  • Half way through debugging the pack you updated from 2.3 to 2.4 and added the resources folder. This is unnecessary and should be removed (another 50M of bloat).
  • The hats folder is unneeded and should be removed. This will get created automatically when the pack is initializing.
  • You have included shaderpacks containing the MC color code character in their filenames "§". The platform does not understand how to deal with this character and will fail when extracting the pack. You could rename the files but should probably just remove most of the shaderpacks.
  • Most of your mods are very old/outdated with known bugs/crashes/instabilities. These should be updated.
  • From looking at the mod file names it seems that you are not downloading your mods from the author's preferred distribution channels. This is ill advised. Getting your content directly from the authors ensures that you have the latest/correct version and that you have access to the correct installation procedures.
  • Why do you have the "Force Directory Change" option selected for your pack?
  • The BetterDungeons mod zip file in your mods folder is corrupted.
  • You have ID conflicts between Colorful_Armor (CA) and BoP, CA and ImmibisCore, CA and GemsPlus, CA and PortalGun.
  • You have ID conflicts between MorePotionsMod and QuiverChevsky.
  • You have ID conflicts between Forestry and MorePotionsMod.

That's a good start. Address these (making sure to remove unnecessary content) and come back if you are still having difficulties.

Thanks SOOO much!!!

I gonna try it all now.

and...

"Most of your mods are very old/outdated with known bugs/crashes/instabilities. These should be updated"

Well, it works for me exactly with these mods versions and configs on the normal minecraft

"You have ID conflicts between Colorful_Armor (CA) and BoP, CA and ImmibisCore, CA and GemsPlus, CA and PortalGun.

You have ID conflicts between MorePotionsMod and QuiverChevsky.
You have ID conflicts between Forestry and MorePotionsMod."

I didnt know, i didnt get them on my minecraft... Maybe i should reset minecraft and reinstall?

"Why do you have the "Force Directory Change" option selected for your pack?"
I thought it was needed when i change the download's url.. :/

*about the loads of shaders and texures*
Yea... i know...

So again, a HUGE thanks, i gonna try it right now!!

• Discord Moderator

Your ID conflicts are not preventing the pack from starting so there is no IDConflicts.txt file. If you open your most recent ForgeModLoader-client log and search for the word "CONFLICT" you will find them all. There's a bunch. What will happen if you don't fix these is that for some items when you go to craft them you will try to craft one thing and get something completely different as the result, or you won't be able to craft something because the required component has been written over by something from another mod. I had one pack I was debugging where you would try to craft a battery of some sort and it would instead produce hamster food. Fun stuff :)

As for your old/outdated mods, yes, the pack "starts" and for the most part, if it is just you playing it in SSP you'll be able to avoid most of the things that cause crashes/corruption (until you do something by accident and will be required to use MCEdit to fix your world). Speaking from experience, I know that your version of IC2 has major problems and even if you updated IC2 to Build #397 (the last one for 1.6.4) you must NEVER use Mekanism Universal Cable from v5.7 to carry IC2 EU power. This WILL break your world.

If you are going to run IC2 Experimental for 1.6.4 you should look at this post:

Edited by plowmanplow

"As for your old/outdated mods, yes, the pack "starts" and for the most part, if it is just you playing it in SSP you'll be able to avoid most of the things that cause crashes/corruption (until you do something by accident and will be required to use MCEdit to fix your world). Speaking from experience, I know that your version of IC2 has major problems and even if you updated IC2 to Build #397 (the last one for 1.6.4) you must NEVER use Mekanism Universal Cable from v5.7 to carry IC2 EU power. This WILL break your world."

Wait, I think I don't get it.. (basicly because that i'm not quite the best in english, that's not my "default" Language or whatever)

Wait do I to do with those two?

About Food Plus: I think I should'nt update, because the newest ones are still in PRE, and he also says that it may have lots of bugs and may crash the game, and anyway the version i'm running is one after the newest, and i didnt have any bugs with it yet. (or I geuss i can just check the newer version if it's buggy)

I fixed everything except the IDConfilcts, because i cant see them yet. I'm now uploading it in version 2.7 and gonna test it, hopefuly that it will work.

And also, i will fix the ids then, after i will get the file.

(AGAIN, HUGE THANKS!!!!!)

Lol now I'm stuck at making a server for it xD

T_T

Any extra help would be even more appreciated...

I know I need to delete all of the client mods from the server... but I just dont know which mods are client!!

there are a few that I know that they are client only... but the server still doesnt work..

If you will help me and tell me which mods i need to remove from the server... MAN!! ... Godd I need it.... :(

Only if you can, because you already helped me a LOT.

• Discord Moderator

You want to run MCPC+ as your server instead of default Forge: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus-164/

However, they no longer push libraries to clients so you need this: https://copy.com/qLsTvZfUUkkb?download=1

From your pack, you need to remove:

AnimatedPlayer

ArrowCam

ChatBubbles

Optifine

REIMinimap

I think that's all of them. Give it a whirl.