Most Power hungry stuff ?

usoldier

Hello guys. Iam new to Minecraft and Tekkit so bare with me please. 

So far ive build a Quarry and iam powering it with some combustuion engines that get fuel from my oil refinery, i have tons of mats and would like to know what should i build next so i can use all this oil, Is there any fun stuff to do that is power hungry and requires lots of power ? 

Thanks in advance guys cheers . 

the most power hungry thing I know of are the MFR Laser drills

the prechargers of that thing are using 5kRF/t each and you can put 4 around it...

just a little tip, leave those engines aside, as they come from BC and were replaced with TE dynamos. The dynamos work way better...

You can connect machines using conduits then (even if a machine needs MJ as a powersource, these conduits will convert it on the fly e.g. a quarry)

Edit:

I looked it up, the dynamos are producing 80RF/t so you would need 250 of them to produce the 20kRF/t needed to power one drill...

I guess that renders it as endgame-equipment :)

I for myself am using a big reactor to produce steam and with that steam I operate some turbines that produce a lot of power (big reactor turbines)

as Big Reactors are running on yellorium fuel, you won't need any oil by then ;)

Edited by HeatHunter

the most power hungry thing I know of are the MFR Laser drills

the prechargers of that thing are using 5kRF/t each and you can put 4 around it...

just a little tip, leave those engines aside, as they come from BC and were replaced with TE dynamos. The dynamos work way better...

You can connect machines using conduits then (even if a machine needs MJ as a powersource, these conduits will convert it on the fly e.g. a quarry)

Edit:

I looked it up, the dynamos are producing 80RF/t so you would need 250 of them to produce the 20kRF/t needed to power one drill...

I guess that renders it as endgame-equipment :)

I for myself am using a big reactor to produce steam and with that steam I operate some turbines that produce a lot of power (big reactor turbines)

as Big Reactors are running on yellorium fuel, you won't need any oil by then ;)

Fantastic thanks alot for the tips m8 i realy apreciate, it sounds like good stuff to do, reading wikis about it.

Alternatively, you could look at building a fusion reactor from the Atomic Science mod. This uses tonnes of redstone and copper to build, along with other mats. But once built, you'll have more power than you'll ever need for your whole base (well, depends on how huge it is!). This includes powering an MFR laser drill with 4 x prechargers. Also, you'll never have to worry about fuelling it as it takes in water (which is infinite) from an aqueous accumulator or BC pump. Plenty of tutorials on how to build one on YouTube (plus they look awesome!). Make sure you find an up-to-date tutorial tho, as there are many outdated versions around.

Save your oil for Galacticraft rockets :)

Power hungry...  You could always just make multiple 3x3(default sized) MFR farms.  Each one will eat a chunk of your power output when they have something to do.  And with multiple small ones, instead of a single larger one, they'll be a bit less efficient and eat more power. 

You could also play around with modular force field system.  Using lots of coercion derivers to power up a force field emitter, a biometric identifier, and an interdiction matrix, can eat up lots of power.  Especially if you use the anti-hostile module in the interdiction matrix and increase the coverage area of both the interdiction matrix and the force field so that it covers your whole base.

If you make an identification card for yourself, and place it inside the biometric identifier, you'll be able to use [shift] + move to walk through the force field without having to lower it first.  letting you keep it running non-stop if you like.

I can't recommend building a fusion reactor at the current state of the AS-Mod...

following thread explains why: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

so going for big reactors is the way to go atm. (imho) this may change again, once AS fixes it's issues ;)

Indeed they're a bit dodgy at the moment and probably not reaching their full potential, but they do work and provide a ton of power if built correctly (i.e. forget about fluiducts for steam atm). Got one in my base powering the whole thing very well :). As far as I'm aware they're the only significant power source that requires no user interaction once built (fire it up and forget about it).

same for a big reactor that is provided yellorium by an ME-Network

big reactors are also usable in early game, as they do not require as much ressources to built as an fusion reactor.

And for mid-endgame you can provide active cooling and attach turbines to it, then you're able to generate a ton of power...

attach 2-3 laser drills to it and the design gets self-sufficient...

e.g. my reactor (15x15x32) is creating 50b/t steam and drives 28 turbines each producing a bit more than 21kRF/t

I'm driving 25 laser drills with them and each day there's an overflow of ~5k yellorium... (not to mension the other ressources created by those drills)

Pretty oversized I know, but should proove that big reactors is a significant power source which doesn't need any interaction...

same for a big reactor that is provided yellorium by an ME-Network

big reactors are also usable in early game, as they do not require as much ressources to built as an fusion reactor.

And for mid-endgame you can provide active cooling and attach turbines to it, then you're able to generate a ton of power...

attach 2-3 laser drills to it and the design gets self-sufficient...

e.g. my reactor (15x15x32) is creating 50b/t steam and drives 28 turbines each producing a bit more than 21kRF/t

I'm driving 25 laser drills with them and each day there's an overflow of ~5k yellorium... (not to mension the other ressources created by those drills)

Pretty oversized I know, but should proove that big reactors is a significant power source which doesn't need any interaction...

Hmmm might have a look at that. Sounds good :)

It also looks good. Big Reactors' Turbines makes for some impressive landscape if you scale them right.

I had previously been under the (false) assumption that the Laser Drill mines ores, but since it actually generates them (supposedly from out-of-world), the high energy cost is more than justified. I do not consider it cheating, but more of a Star Trek replicator thing. And they will gladly suck up all the energy you can throw at them. Combined with some EE3 alchemy, an ME network and various factories, that is what the Tekkit "endgame" is all about right now.

I can't recommend building a fusion reactor at the current state of the AS-Mod...

following thread explains why: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

so going for big reactors is the way to go atm. (imho) this may change again, once AS fixes it's issues ;)

Fusion powerplant are still viable. I'm just using 8 small turbines and it produces over 40k RF. More then powering a MFR Laser att full speed and have alot of spare power for the rest of the stuff. It's easy to fully automate so it still beats all other powerproducing machines.

The atomic assembler and the HUGE ring of electromagnets needed to make the dark matter.  Atomic assemblers will do some serious siphoning of a LOT of energy.  Good for duplicating those world threads and a few other hard to acquire items.