Setting Up Tekkit Server Help

Akeffala

I'm using an online server host called mineocity. They have full FTP access and Multicraft control panel. I'm trying to make a modpack from technic platform and make a small server but having a rough time. Could use help. 

Edited by Akeffala

depending on what the issue is, your hosting provider might be the one you should be talking to.  however, without anything other than "I'm having a hard time" to go on it's impossible to divine where the problem lies.

ok, let me give this one more shot. 

if you want help:  we need more than generic "it's broken" posts.  we need specifics, what exactly is wrong? what are you trying to do SPECIFICALLY? are there any crash logs? if so, post them.

if you want sympathy: just keep doing what you're doing.

Sounds like for starters you should contact the hosting company and asking them to reset/reimage things.  Unless by some stroke of chance someone here knows how their system is set up there's not likely to be anyone here who could help you with that first part, and even then it would be much faster to talk to the host about it.

As it's using Mulicraft I may be of some help. First I would suggest downloading FileZilla. This program will enable you to access the server files via FTP. The info you need to login with this should be on your Multicraft page. You then download the server files for the pack you want to use. I believe these come zipped, so you'd want to unzip this file. Then you would upload the unzipped files to the server via FTP.

On a side note, I've used 2 different hosting sites that used multicraft and both times I had to send a message to tech support to enable me to use a custom .jar, which was an easy fix.

If you want to use plugins as well you will need to download MCPC+ and set multicraft to load that jar instead of the tekkit.jar or whatever the .jar for the modpack is called.

Edited by ThePagan