Distribution Pipes, Anyone?

LunaticMiner

What happened to distribution pipes? I cannot seem to find them anywhere, are they under a new name or have they been removed? It shows that they are in the pack on the wiki, but I can't find them for the life of me. They aren't even in the normal creative tabs. Also having the same problems with Makeshift Batteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Lunaticminer

Distribution Pipes are still there, part of the sub-mod Additional Buildcraft Objects. Only now they are Distribution Fluid Pipes and Distribution Kinesis Pipes. The Makeshift Battery appears to be part of the sub-mod Simple Power Storage, which is not in Tekkit any more. I think it tried to fix Themal Expansion's lack of an early game battery, which has been addressed by TE3 and the rather simple-to-obtain Leadstone Energy Cell.

Don't get me wrong, but aren't kinesis pipes only for power, and aren't fluid pipes only for fluids? I need to sort out quantities of ITEMS to make an effective factory unless I want to have two chests for iron and two for wood, to go into different assemblers (im trying to make a musket factory to test the feasiblity of other factories) and the Distribution Transport Pipes seem to be missing.

I'm not super awesome with Applied Energistics I'm just barely learning it. However, that significantly complicates things. I want to make a relatively compact factory.

Here's an idea of my ME knowledge.

The most complicated network I've ever made had the controller, then the storage drive holder thing directly adjacent to the left, and the access terminal on top of it. It was powered by a creative energy cell (this was on my world i use for testing)

You asked about Distribution Pipes, these are in there. If you just want the standard item pipe that is used these days, you should have said so. It is called Itemduct, and can be configured with a wrench and the addition of Pneumatic Servos to the pipe heads. Fill them with Glowstone in a Fluid Transposer / Magma Crucible setup to turn them into high-speed Impulse Itemducts.

ME networks are for late game, when you have the thousands of Quartz, Redstone and other materials required to build a decently-sized one. Itemducts work right from the start.

I think the most simple and compact Factory you can build is the ME Molecular Assembler Chamber

(heres the entry in the AE Wiki: http://ae1.ae-mod.info/ME-Crafting/ )

you can put in patterns of the items you want to be able to built and you can order them through your access terminal then...

be aware, it will take some materials to complete this but once there, you don't want to live without it ;)

I do not know what exactly distribution pipes did, so I cannot say if you can replicate the exact behaviour with Itemducts.

You can upgrade Itemducts using Pneumatic Servos, which allows you to white-/blacklist items to go in/out at this particular connection. The Servo also gives you access to the Itemduct's redstone control, which allows you to set it to "active without signal". To extract from a chest or non-TE machine, you need to do this, or apply a redstone signal.

As for handling, craft the Pneumatic Servo and put it on your hotbar, then right-click with it on a particular Itemduct connection. You need to target the small rectangle right next to the attached block, not the Itemduct itself, like so:

Q5WoqSQ.jpg?1

Once a Servo is installed, right-click the link with an empty hand to open the interface.

What distribution pipes did was this:

You opened it up with right click, and there was a GUI.

You could then assign qualities to the amount of items passing through each side of the pipe.

For example,

Green=Right

Yellow=Left (just making these colors up)

Green: 2

Yellow: 3

For every 5 items coming through the pipe, 2 would go right (green) and 3 left (yellow)

It is/was part of the Additional Buildcraft objects mod, so why isn't it there? Other modpacks on 1.6.4 with ABO have it, so why doesn't Tekkit?

I really need something less random than round robin sorting, I need to be able to send a SPECIFIC amount of items one way, and a SPECIFIC amount one way. Again, I am trying to build a musket factory as a test, and I only need a small portion of iron to become flint and steel, and most of it to become barrels. If I can't create a musket factory, I don't see how any complicated mid-game factorization could be done at all. If you can't find me distribution pipes, find me something just as useful.

People are using ME Molecular Assemblers to build advanced factories now, I guess. The trend seems to go towards ME networks in general, as they provide access to all your (millions of) resources at some point, whereas anything else will involve a dedicated storage plan.

It might be that the Item Distribution Pipes are just disabled in config, not removed. But you will have to figure that out yourself, sorry.

So essentially they removed a perfectly good item that makes mid-game factorization easier, forcing us to learn complicated Logistics Pipes use.

MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

anything seems complicated when you've never used it before.  check them out, they're really not so bad.  i'm pretty sure you can get something going that would fit your needs with 2x basic logistics pipes and the necessary 1x logistics power junction, in addition to whatever buildcraft pipes you need for the majority of the routing paths.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by freakachu, May 30, 2014 - requested by poster
Hidden by freakachu, May 30, 2014 - requested by poster

EDIT : This post can be deleted (sorry about that)

Edited by M1r077