Why don't the devs make a CLASSIC tekkit classic.

The Dank Knight

So i'm not sure when you guys started to play this (there will probably be people who have played way more than me), there were some really cool mods in this modpack. Not to say tekkit classic isn't good now, because it's great, but I've just come back to tekkit after about a year, and there seem to be some mods that are missing. Would it be possible to have a modpack on the launcher which includes these mods in their 1.2.5 versions?

-Xie's Farming Mod

-Railcraft

-Mo' Creatures

-Forestry

-Zeppelin

-Crafting Table II

-Better Dungeons

I'm sure i've missed a few, but these mods were quite a big part of the game for me when I used to play it, and it'd be great to see another version of Tekkit Classic with the old mods, as they just made the game so fun. I get that IC, BC and Redpower have always been the main focus, but when i'd play with a group of friends i'd use it, but usually stick to farming and the magic in EE (which is of course still a part of classic). I read the forum rules, they're quite strict but I don't seem to have broken any, so i'll leave this post at that. Any replies as to why this wouldn't be possible (if it isn't possible) would really be appreciated :)

• Moderators

with so very few mods you can make them into a modpack yourself, there's a modpack making guide on Platform Pagoda if you wish to upload it to the Platform.

Tekkit Classic will remain as is, there wont be any further updates from that modpack by the team. But I bet you can find an updated one on the Platform on Modpacks tab and "Browse Modpacks" if you look hard enough. If it will have those mods that you requested is a different story

with so very few mods you can make them into a modpack yourself, there's a modpack making guide on Platform Pagoda if you wish to upload it to the Platform.

Tekkit Classic will remain as is, there wont be any further updates from that modpack by the team. But I bet you can find an updated one on the Platform on Modpacks tab and "Browse Modpacks" if you look hard enough. If it will have those mods that you requested is a different story

Thanks for the help, do you think if I got the right versions i'd be able to add them to tekkit classic?

Fun fun fun, in the sun sun sun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Discord Moderator

As long as the versions are compatible, and the mods are compatible

Often true, but not always the case. A couple examples among many, the current 1.7.2 version of Immibis Microblocks is not compatible with the current 1.7.2 version of Applied Energistics 2. If Immibis Microblocks is installed then you cannot see some AE2 blocks (specifically cables) even if there are no Immibis Microblocks in the same block space. OreSpawn is incompatible with some other entity handling mod (never have isolated that one).

Edited by plowmanplow