Fusion reactor and big reactors turbine

Kotja

Atomic Scients small turbines produces arount 6-7k RF/tic each if I remember correctly. You can put 8 small turbines in the center water of the fusion powerplant and get so much power it cover all your needs. If you need more you can put small turbines in the outer ring of water and get even more power.

We have a fusin powerplant with 8 small turbines and it runs a laser drill at full speed and all other machines we got.

Edited by badkruka

Don't know since when I build that powerplant, steam funnels where broken and couldn't even power a singel small turbine put directly above it. If they have fixed it I can't tell since our fusin plant produces so much power with small turbines put above the water with no steam funnel between. Atomic Science feels like it's gone back into an alpha stage so I will wait going into deephs with it untill it's seems to be back on track.

Edited by badkruka

While I cannot provide any insights regarding Atomic Science, using a Yellorium Reactor for this is rather easy. The only tricky part is hitting the right size to match your Turbines, but the worst thing that can happen to an oversized Reactor is reduced fuel efficiency.

While there is nothing actually wrong with the steam funnels from atomic science, per say, the amount of steam they can output from a single steam source is minimal compared to the amount of steam required by an atomic science turbine.  Also, the amount of steam you can gather from a reactor(AS), is not going to be enough to let your big reactor turbine(s) produce as much power as the number of turbines(AS) can produce when placed directly over the reactor.  That is... if the atomic science mod was back in full working order...

That being said, you might still be able to produce more power using the steam funnel --> Big reactor turbine setup.  Each spot above your atomic science reactor, that is capable of producing steam, can have a steam funnel collecting steam and outputting up to 360mb/tick through fluiducts, probably more if you use extra utility pipes with upgrades on the fluid transfer nodes.  So, it might be possible to match the two setups, power for power if your willing to use enough upgrades and/or lots of tesseracts.

Fluiducts setup:

For every 6 funnels you connect fluiducts too, you'll want to dump that steam into a tesseract.  Each tesseract will need 6 fluiduct connections, one for each funnel it's linked with.  All the tesseracts should be on the same channel.  the last tesseract(s) should be connected directly to the input of your big reactor turbines.  This way, your not limited by the flow rate of a single fluiduct connection, which is also 360mb/tick for steam.  But to the flow rate of the tesseracts, which is unlimited.

extra utilities pipes:

Each funnel will need its own fluid transfer node with several speed upgrades(to increase transfer ticks per second), and a several mining upgrades(to increase the amount of steam in each tick), to accommodate the volume of steam available.  The transfer pipes should be able to handle nearly any amount of steam you can force through them.  The transfer pipes can be connected directly to the big reactor turbines input.

• 1 month later...

You can create a huge + with big turbines... but the setup is quite troublesome.

With fluiducts you can generate a moderate amount, with a bit trial and error in addition you can get a fine 1800mb Turbine running per 6 funnels... well not on all funnel combinations, some drop as low as 1440 or even lower. So that is the output per tesseract. 

Extra util. will cap above a funnel at 1b/t and will 'only' need 49 speed upgrades on the node....  Though in some not always expected combinations you can pull up to 1800mb out of them with full upgrades, tesseract (with 1 pipe above it) and the rec. tesseract outputting the steam via 5 Fluiducts (the 6th one will just be empty), as again extracting from a tesseract with a node will stop at 1 b/t.

My best extract setup was using liquid nodes, ME fluid import bus. You can easily manipulate the out and input that way and create a good buffer for the steam and even enlarge them easily enough. 

Though the highest could be generated with a combination of nodes, tesseracts and import bus... maybe I'll test that :D  as for now I'm quite happy with my simple 28 funnels / 28nodes / and 22 fluid Import bus setup. 

This generates a stable 21 b/t of steam and filling the buffer slowly, and slowly decrease the buffer at an output of 22 b/t. Didn't bother to find the exact output as of yet, though I could get as exact as 20mb/t.

Those 21 b/t can easily maintain ten 2000 mb/t turbines with an output of 24k RF/t  so even with the energy need for the fusion reactor, chemical extractor and the small ME network you can easy get a stable output of over 220 RF/t :D with enough Energy Buffer

Fun way to generate Energy, though with each server start you have to disconnect/reconnect one cable... ^^