Custom Modpack Help!

HnVx_Legacy

So I started making a mod pack, got universal forge, gathered mods, bin and mods folder all in order, I compressed the bin and mods folder into a .zip and uploaded to Copy.com. Opened the mod pack up in the launcher and its vanilla. I know there are other posts out there that explain help for this but as I am reading I get completely lost. I researched the mods to check if they need anything other than forge and learned a little about Forge Mod-loader Do I need this? What does it do? How can I fix my mod pack so it will run? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Link To My Modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/guildscorn.403479

• Discord Moderator

This thread belongs in the Platform Pagoda forum. I hope an admin will move it.

• Your modpack is not assembled correctly. It should contain three folders: bin, config, mods.
  • The bin folder should ONLY contain the file modpack.jar. This file is simply the Forge universal binary JAR file (not the installer) which has been renamed to "modpack.jar".
  • You should not be using the Forge Mod Loader (FML) installer in any way.
  • If you intend to use LiteLoader for a 1.6.4 modpack the installation procedure is more complex than just dropping a mod in a folder.
  • The config folder should contain all the config files for each of your mods. These files get created when the mod first gets loaded. Once you have finished testing the pack locally (you aren't doing that but should be) your local config folder will be full of config files. Include this folder and its contents in your pack.
  • The mods folder contains all your mods. The mods you currently have in the bin folder should (mostly) be in the mods folder.
  • You have a mishmash of 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 mods. This will not work. You need to decide on a version of Forge/MC you intend to use and build your pack for that version.
  • You have the Tropicraft jar file in your mods folder but not the rest of the installation package. There are five other mods that comprise a working installation of Tropicraft. The implication is that you have either not followed the mod author's instructions or not gotten your mod directly from the author. Either is "bad". Read this:

Thank you. I will make the changes the best I can (I am not too good at this as you can tell). I did not know just where to put this thread, as it is in the completely wrong place I also hope an admin can move it. I do not understand what you meant by "locally testing the pack", do you mean running it in Minecraft or testing if it'll run in the Tekkit Launcher? How will I be able to tell if I have the right config/properly installed the mods in Tekkit? Do i need to 'install' the mods? If so how do I do this? I got all of the mods I plan to use in the "reboot" of the modpack from MinecraftForum.net, a place where you listed as one of the places to get the mods. On minecraftforum.net I believe I downloaded only the 1.6.4 versions, I will completely wipe the mods I have and get them anew. I tried to edit the modpack and remove Tropicraft. When I ran the modpack it wouldn't download as i have had such problems before, I can probably take care of that again. I am about to update  Thanks again for your patience and help for my questions.   :)

This thread belongs in the Platform Pagoda forum. I hope an admin will move it.

• Your modpack is not assembled correctly. It should contain three folders: bin, config, mods.
  • The bin folder should ONLY contain the file modpack.jar. This file is simply the Forge universal binary JAR file (not the installer) which has been renamed to "modpack.jar".
  • You should not be using the Forge Mod Loader (FML) installer in any way.
  • If you intend to use LiteLoader for a 1.6.4 modpack the installation procedure is more complex than just dropping a mod in a folder.
  • The config folder should contain all the config files for each of your mods. These files get created when the mod first gets loaded. Once you have finished testing the pack locally (you aren't doing that but should be) your local config folder will be full of config files. Include this folder and its contents in your pack.
  • The mods folder contains all your mods. The mods you currently have in the bin folder should (mostly) be in the mods folder.
  • You have a mishmash of 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 mods. This will not work. You need to decide on a version of Forge/MC you intend to use and build your pack for that version.
  • You have the Tropicraft jar file in your mods folder but not the rest of the installation package. There are five other mods that comprise a working installation of Tropicraft. The implication is that you have either not followed the mod author's instructions or not gotten your mod directly from the author. Either is "bad". Read this:

Edited by HnVx_Legacy