Error Unzipping my Custom Modpack

Reunification

I've just made my own modpack a few minutes ago. Of course this being my first time making a modpack I have ran into issues trying to have it run.

Link to my modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/singhpack.439444

Link used for the Platform URL: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2t8g1lgy62hd11u/modpack.zip?dl=1

The issue that I am running into is when trying to launch my modpack. It states the following:

"Error unzipping a file for the following pack: SinghPackTM

error in opening zip file

Please consult the modpack author."

Help is greatly needed.

• Discord Moderator
  • Your binmodpack.jar file is a RAR format archive. All archive files intended for use in the platform must be in ZIP format only.
  • The contents of your modpack.jar file are inside a subfolder. All the main contents of the modpack.jar file must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the archive.
  • Your modpack.jar file is the Forge installation JAR. The modpack.jar file is ONLY the Forge universal binary JAR for your selected version of MC downloaded and renamed to "modpack.jar". Nothing more, nothing less.
  • You shouldn't be using special characters in your modpack name (the TM superscript). You should probably rename it to remove that.
  • Your Mekanism mod JAR files are both ancient and broken somehow. Download the latest 1.6.4 version from the author's website (all three mod files, but not the MDK).
  • You have MineFactoryReloaded installed but not the dependency library PowerCrystalsCore.
  • You should download the latest version of ForgeMultipart for 1.6.4 and place it in your mods1.6.4 folder. Thermal Expansion is downloading it automatically, but it's getting an old version. http://files.minecraftforge.net/ForgeMultipart/index_legacy.html
  • You are not including any config files in your modpack. This is always "bad". Once you are finished testing things locally and have a working modpack you need to include the config folder and its contents in your modpack archive.

• Discord Moderator

Once you are finished testing things locally and have a working modpack you need to include the config folder and its contents in your modpack archive.

1. Fix all the other listed problems.
  2. Fix any block or item ID conflicts that arise.
  3. At this stage you will have a config folder full of configuration files for mods in your %APPDATA%.technicmodpackssinghpack folder. Include this folder and its contents in your modpack archive.

The idea here is that you are testing things in a local, working test environment. The "correct" way to build a pack is to first create a modpack archive that only contains the (correct) binmodpack.jar file and publish that as your modpack. Your pack should start and only be Forge with no extra mods (will show up in the client as having 3 mods). Then you begin adding in your mods to your client modpack folder (%APPDATA%.technicmodpackssinghpack) and testing as you go. Once everything is working correctly you would copy out the config and mods folders and add them to that original "only forge" modpack archive that you created to start up your test environment.