Did anyone reach the secret dimension in survival?

epic_xwootx

My friend tried this on our small SMP server by turning flying on and she triggered a bunch of server errors. Now she can't connect. I tried it afterwards by building a pillar and doing the jump and the same thing happened. The screen went to a view of dirt for a bit and then went white and I had to restart the client. In the meantime the server spat out a bunch of errors.

Now everytime I try to connect the server spits out a bunch of errors and I get "Disconnected by Server", "Internal Server Error" in the client. Restarting it doesn't help. I don't know what to do.

I'll probably post something to the bug page if I don't figure out a way around it.

Be careful doing this on your servers, maybe make a backup first so you don't get locked out too.

My friend tried this on our small SMP server by turning flying on and she triggered a bunch of server errors. Now she can't connect. I tried it afterwards by building a pillar and doing the jump and the same thing happened. The screen went to a view of dirt for a bit and then went white and I had to restart the client. In the meantime the server spat out a bunch of errors.

Now everytime I try to connect the server spits out a bunch of errors and I get "Disconnected by Server", "Internal Server Error" in the client. Restarting it doesn't help. I don't know what to do.

I'll probably post something to the bug page if I don't figure out a way around it.

Be careful doing this on your servers, maybe make a backup first so you don't get locked out too.

Same here. Fix was to delete the char from the server.

I don't see how the char chat could affect anything. Having the entire top layer of blocks turn into a portal perhaps is more likely. I remember flying mods had huge problems when the nether was first implemented. I'm looking into what changes they made now. If nothing useful happens, I can't really be bothered to decompile the whole damn thing for the sake of a 'secret'. I'd just wait until they announce it in a proper stable release.

Yea, I posted a bug report on the bug page.

I was thinking about deleting the player.dats associated, but we had some really awesome items that I don't want to part with ;____;.

Would it be possible to change the coordinates or dimension on the player's .dat file somehow so that they respawn back at spawn? Maybe even just dropping their health to 0 and killing them?

i have made it i built all the way to the highest possible and with a few errors i found lava flowing down i did a little adjusting where i was jumping and i made it in the lava and started to swim up it i died about half way up but then i spawned up there its kinda plain up there