User with direct tunnel can't connect to server.

I have downloaded the tekkit 2.0.1 server client and we have been playing on it for a couple weeks. Today, we both started up Hamachi, he and I were on the same network and both had A direct tunnel to each other.(And yes he entered the IP correctly.) I was the only one who could connect to the server. Yes, I know this is a very generic issue, and I am sure many of you are going to ask for more information; which I can not provide anymore. We tried connecting to a vanilla server on my computer with the same Hamachi clients and it worked. I've read the entire server console and there are zero errors. I'm 99% sure its not Hamachi; considering he could still connect to my vanilla server. I'm planning on getting A new Hamachi network and client to see if that works; knowing that this problem is so generic there is a small chance someone will be able to solve it. If you have encountered this problem and know how to solve please let me know.

• Forum Administrators

It would help if we knew ANYTHING about the error your friend was getting. "He cant connect!" is pretty generic. What is it telling him? Connection timed out? Read error? What?

Come on now. Help me help you.

Thats the problem. There are no errors.

There cannot be no errors. There is a launcher log on his client's side, and there is whatever Minecraft says when it either fails to connect or finally gives up trying.

I repeat, I read through I all of it there are no errors, at least its not saying there is. I think ive almost figured out how to fix it anyway.

the server may not have errors, but his client most certainly does. that's what people are asking for. also, if you fix it please let us know what you did. this is not the first time someone has had this issue with hamachi and I've never seen a solid solution

I was unable to fix it. His client says "Failed to connect to the server" "Connection timed out: connect"

Its not the router, he can connect fine on other servers. I'm unable to determine the problem. The only other thing I can think of doing is creating a non-Hamachi serevr and transferring the worlds. Also we are playing in the same room on the same router, though i'm pretty sure its not the router; According to my father the inventer and founder of service minder@. He is A web-developer and so am I and he says it can't possibly be the router.

I was unable to fix it. His client says "Failed to connect to the server" "Connection timed out: connect"

Its not the router, he can connect fine on other servers. I'm unable to determine the problem. The only other thing I can think of doing is creating a non-Hamachi serevr and transferring the worlds. Also we are playing in the same room on the same router, though i'm pretty sure its not the router; According to my father the inventer and founder of service minder@. He is A web-developer and so am I and he says it can't possibly be the router.

You're on the same network trying to get hamachi to work? What in the [expletive] for?

You're on the same network trying to get hamachi to work? What in the [expletive] for?

To play tekkit. But that's not the point. Hamachi says we have a direct tunnel. We have been playing tekkit like this for a month, But just yesterday it stopped working and his client is the only thing receiving a error.

I repeat I have provided all the information. Im sure everyone on here is A 17 year old child so there is no need to act like an adult. This all of the known information.

You'd be wrong.

We need logs. There isn't 'no error', there is an error. Go get his logs and come back.

You'd be wrong.

We need logs. There isn't 'no error', there is an error. Go get his logs and come back.

Since you have clearly never done any code then you are of no help. There can actually be zero errors yet there still be problem. I still need some help from people who have experience with C#, c++, java, and has designed some sort of program.

Since you have clearly never done any code then you are of no help. There can actually be zero errors yet there still be problem. I still need some help from people who have experience with C#, c++, java, and has designed some sort of program.

I have experience with C, C++, and Java. I have written Modloader mods for Minecraft as well as done base-class modifications, modifications of other mods, and class merging. I studied computer science, including advanced data structures and operating-system design and ergonomics, at university for four years. I have done very minor work that was included in the Linux kernel. I have been programming since my Commodore 64 when I was a child. Need more qualifications?

There are launcher logs, there are Minecraft error messages or notifications, there are system logs (on ALL operating systems), and there is common sense. You have provided none of these.

I read everysingle log without a single error. My father is currently fixing the situation.

You don't seem to understand the concept that there are things in logs besides errors. If your father fixes it, congratulations: You'll have saved us trying to beat some sense into your thick skull.

I'm well aware of that fact but there is no need to make immature remarks.

There is when a user such as yourself continues to be extremely boneheaded yet still wants his problem fixed by the magicians at the Technic Pack forums.

I repeat I have provided all the information. Im sure everyone on here is A 17 year old child so there is no need to act like an adult. This all of the known information.

As stated by others, there's more information available that you have chosen not to provide or don't know how to provide properly to allow us to help you.

I haven't been 17 in awhile but it'd be nice to go back to that age...

And regardless of how long you've been using hamachi, I don't see the point of setting up a tunnel network when you're both on the same network. Just create a normal tekkit server and have your friend connect to your internal/network IP. I don't know about you, but it doesn't make much sense to me to create virtual private networks and use complex systems when you're on the same network already. It's like building a car to drive to the cubicle adjacent to yours.

As stated by others, there's more information available that you have chosen not to provide or don't know how to provide properly to allow us to help you.

I haven't been 17 in awhile but it'd be nice to go back to that age...

And regardless of how long you've been using hamachi, I don't see the point of setting up a tunnel network when you're both on the same network. Just create a normal tekkit server and have your friend connect to your internal/network IP. I don't know about you, but it doesn't make much sense to me to create virtual private networks and use complex systems when you're on the same network already. It's like building a car to drive to the cubicle adjacent to yours.

This. Its essentially the same thing as walking all the way around the planet to get to your destination, when in all reality your destination was no more then 10 feet behind your starting point. Why go through all of that trouble?