Tekkit 3.0.1!?!?!?

What is up with the latest build of Tekkit, 3.0.1? There is no mention of it on the site anywhere! Also, it does not include Buildcraft, Equivilant Exchange, or Timber, but does include some other great ones. Is there server files yet? Also why is there a lack of those 3 mods I mentioned (and possibly others I didn't notice)?

That's a little harsh...

I just wanted to find out something about this since there is no info on it.

No it was exactly harsh enough. if you had bothered reading any further than the number, you would have seen that it's a dev build, and not officially released.

That's a little harsh...

I just wanted to find out something about this since there is no info on it.

INFO TO FOLLOW

----------------------

Develop (verb) - 2. start to exist, experience, or possess.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/develop?region=us&q=develop

As in, the Technic team are currently developing Tekkit 3. That means they work on the installation as well as all the mods therein. From past behavior we can expect them to work at their own pace but have to rely on other entities such as mod developers and those doing the bukkit ports for the server.

/info

Questions?

I see a lot of these posts crop up recently. How about instead of punishing people for having a genuine interest in what's gong on you merely make a sticky with info about the dev build? Or is it some giant secret? (made an account to post)

That was not the point in me starting this discussion. I wished to discuss tekkit 3.0.1 and if this may be a glimpse at the future of Tekkit. I know what the build is about and stuff I just wanted to discuss the possibility of what the next version will be. Every time I try to start a nice discussion everyone takes it too seriously and starts yelling at me about stuff I already know, well I HAD IT WITH YOU PEOPLE! Do you guys even know what a DISCUSSION means? If I wanted a question like that answered I would have posted in the other thread. Those "questions" were discussion points and you people are terrible at seeing that!

That was not the point in me starting this discussion. I wished to discuss tekkit 3.0.1 and if this may be a glimpse at the future of Tekkit. I know what the build is about and stuff I just wanted to discuss the possibility of what the next version will be. Every time I try to start a nice discussion everyone takes it too seriously and starts yelling at me about stuff I already know, well I HAD IT WITH YOU PEOPLE! Do you guys even know what a DISCUSSION means?

Ciao! <3

That was not the point in me starting this discussion. I wished to discuss tekkit 3.0.1 and if this may be a glimpse at the future of Tekkit. I know what the build is about and stuff I just wanted to discuss the possibility of what the next version will be. Every time I try to start a nice discussion everyone takes it too seriously and starts yelling at me about stuff I already know, well I HAD IT WITH YOU PEOPLE! Do you guys even know what a DISCUSSION means? If I wanted a question like that answered I would have posted in the other thread. Those "questions" were discussion points and you people are terrible at seeing that!

Now, I feel nothing for you. You blew your chance by lashing out. Sorry my fallen brother.

I kind of have a question... I'm really sorry if this has been answered before, although I doubt it... I want to know, why is it if they release the client for 3.0.1 why don't they release the server files as well? and if there are no server files yet then why did they even release the client and how is it different than technicssp? I'm just really confused about the fact that they release it as a development build when it is actually a unusable build...

Once again I'm really sorry if you find this post annoying or whatever but it's not like you have to read this, I post this on an existing thread so that this doesn't have to bother anyone... (hopefully it won't cause these are not my intentions)

I kind of have a question... I'm really sorry if this has been answered before, although I doubt it... I want to know, why is it if they release the client for 3.0.1 why don't they release the server files as well? and if there are no server files yet then why did they even release the client and how is it different than technicssp? I'm just really confused about the fact that they release it as a development build when it is actually a unusable build...

Once again I'm really sorry if you find this post annoying or whatever but it's not like you have to read this, I post this on an existing thread so that this doesn't have to bother anyone... (hopefully it won't cause these are not my intentions)

You seem to be having trouble understanding what a dev build is. A dev build isn't the newest version, often, the dev build of a program doesn't even run. Making the dev build available to the average user is a courtesy at best. It's a peek at what the team is doing currently. It is not meant to be played as a primary game.

I understand that but mostly when I see dev builds (also take technicssp or bukkit or plugins such as essentials or worldedit for example) they are at least runnable or playable, also I really apreciate the fact that the technic team are so trusting they release these versions but I'm still rather confused... Why release it if there is simply no way to do anything but look in the files, they could probably more easily make a post with some development information, that would be not only more useful to the users but (I'm not sure about this but I think) also easier on their side... As much as things can get easy with these kind of crazy projects...