The Technic Problems.

Ninjaman

I'm wondering how the Technic team manages to put bugs in that don't exist outside of this modpack. I'm also wondering why you send people with bugs and outdated mods to the IRC's and forums of the mods because they arn't supported there. Authors do not have time to fix a non-existent bu. If anyone could tell me that would be great. I wouldn't have much of a problem if people didn't constantly flock and do the aforementioned things. I know installing mods the normal way only takes a few minutes if you have very fast internet, but some new people may need Technic to start out and then leave later.

Uh, they don't send people to other IRCs and forums.

Most of the things that people complain about in the "bugs" sections are either simple incompatibilities which are to be expected, or are issues with launcher order that haven't quite been fixed yet.

If you want to give me examples of the specific bugs you're talking about, i'll explain in more depth.

Yes, 90% of the "bugs" people report here are problems with java that have nothing to do with us. Completely people just having things wrong with their computer. As for bugs that don't exist outside the pack. Well, if you jam 20 mods that aren't built with each other in mind there will be problems. We work out as many of them as we can to make it easier for others. Any current ones probably wont get fixed because we're working on the new version (waiting on the redpower bukkit port.) No point in forcing everyone to update when the only known bugs are easy things to patch yourself. Especially with that version on its way out.

As for sending people to other forums and IRC's or to the mod authors? We don't. I don't know what you base that accusation on. We go there ourselves and tell people they can come here for help and to not annoy mod authors. No one on the Technic team has ever at any point told anyone to go elsewhere for help, especially not to the mod authors.

Please watch it with the accusations and condescending tone in the future. You are a guest on our forums. We owe nothing to anyone.

In this thread: Blatantly-unfounded assumptions and accusations without any evidence or even demonstration of incidence. Winner.

Also, slopes seems to work without issue with 4096, so describe the issue and it may be resolvable.

I got it figured out. I had deleted an = on accident. I'm in world now and the only problems I've found are 6 redwood makes barley instead of a door (same mod. don't know what's up with that).

next step is to add stuff to treecapitator, NEI subsets, and general cross mod compatibility configuration. Until then, it's a lot of fun to play.

I know installing mods the normal way only takes a few minutes if you have very fast internet...

It may take a few minutes to download all the mods individually, assuming you've taken the shortcuts around the ad.fly links, but good luck actually getting all the mods to work together properly without Minecraft blowing up. it won't take "a few minutes" as everyone claims it does. I can guarantee that.

I was thinking of making a time lapse video where I attempt to install all the Technic mods individually and together, sort of the way everyone says is "the right way", and point out the absurd amount of effort and indepth knowledge required to make all the mods work together.

I'm wondering how the Technic team manages to put bugs in that don't exist outside of this modpack.

You see, Technic Team Co. Inc. LLC. Corp. has patented, trademarked, copyrighted, and DRM'd a new piece of software that automatically inserts bugs into otherwise flawless code.

Why?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Though I agree with OP, men and women work fine on their own, why are there problems when they're put together?! Everyone that is hetero is promoting the insertion of bugs into the Technic pack. Help the Technic Team Co. Inc. LLC. Corp. remove bugs in code, become gay today!

I was thinking of making a time lapse video where I attempt to install all the Technic mods individually and together, sort of the way everyone says is "the right way", and point out the absurd amount of effort and indepth knowledge required to make all the mods work together.

And once you've shown the time-lapse bit, tack on a brief white-text-on-black-background "OR" before cutting to a video of installing Technic?

It may take a few minutes to download all the mods individually, assuming you've taken the shortcuts around the ad.fly links, but good luck actually getting all the mods to work together properly without Minecraft blowing up. it won't take "a few minutes" as everyone claims it does. I can guarantee that.

I actually went through with it, for tired of waiting for 1.2.5 a while ago. However, the only reason I did was because of direwolf20 providing the configs. If that option wasn't out there, I wouldn't have done it. Waiting on adfly links, mind melting but doable, making sure this many mods don't conflict, not worth it to me. And let me say, it really was a freaking huge pain to download all of them and install them all. I also had multimc on my side, I wouldn't have done it with either of those. Technic is just so useful and easy, especially for people who ask things like "What's the minecraft root folder?" or "I double clicked the .jar, it didn't do anything, how do I open it?"

You just wanted to see my lips again didn't you?

Is that actually you or just some random gif? I can't help but stare at it, it's just so enthralling.

I actually went through with it, for tired of waiting for 1.2.5 a while ago. However, the only reason I did was because of direwolf20 providing the configs. If that option wasn't out there, I wouldn't have done it. Waiting on adfly links, mind melting but doable, making sure this many mods don't conflict, not worth it to me. And let me say, it really was a freaking huge pain to download all of them and install them all. I also had multimc on my side, I wouldn't have done it with either of those. Technic is just so useful and easy, especially for people who ask things like "What's the minecraft root folder?" or "I double clicked the .jar, it didn't do anything, how do I open it?"

Is that actually you or just some random gif? I can't help but stare at it, it's just so enthralling.

I used to install my mods by myself from 1.8.1 and onwards, but at one point I got desperate and then just used the Technic installer 5.0.5.

Then the launcher came, so I used the launcher. But now, I simply wait for the mods to get updated before I upgrade and then I install it by myself with ease.

It's really not that hard to change the configs to let the mods work efficiƫnt with eachother. If you really don't know how you do it, go stop typing in all caps like : " OMGZ, HOW DOEZ I INSTALL IT, WHERE IS THE MODS FOLDER? ", or like " How Do I Open The Minecraft? I Cant Open It And Where Is MetaInf? "

For the people who don't know any single crap about installing mods, go shove a fork in your nose and push it all the way up in there. The Technic team wants to make it easier for most of you, and there are bugs that always come with it, but that's with nearly everything. You simply can't say that they put bugs in it on purpose.

I could install the mods myself. I really could.

But the Technic team does it better and a lot quicker than if I were going to do it myself.

They rock the cock for so many reasons, but quite frankly I'm tired of repeating myself.