Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition

So my computer broke recently and i got on my xbox. I saw the demo for minecraft and liked it so i got the full game. It is primitive to tekkit that i used to play and even to 1.2.5 that vanilla is. The Xbox version is based off prerelease 1.6. I was thinking that technic should make a deal with microsoft and 4J to somehow have technic as an option in the game. I dont know offhand what version you started with but their version can be based off a previous pack. Please consider contacting them because I love the technic pack and im sure many people will too.

The 360 version of Minecraft is complete and utter boring. Crafting is tedious, what takes me a mere five seconds with a mouse, took me at least a minute with the controller. Not to mention, they reversed the controls, right mines block, left uses item? Surely they've never played this game for the computer, right mines block, left uses item. Very simple logic, but it just doesn't seem to find itself in there.

As my friend from college explains, "It's much more polished, no bugs, no crashes, no memory issues, PC minecraft is just the testing ground for the console now." This man* received a good stern verbal punishment from me, but he doesn't listen, this is the man who uses a controller to play computer games, madness All in all the console version was just to make an absurd amount of money, and guess what? It did, what a surprise, what a surprise.

* Edit, Reason; replaced "made" with "mad".

The xbox version isnt played like the pc version, it is much more casual play oiented. It is designed so that up to 4 people can play at the same time in one place. Also it feels more like a console game which some pc fans dont like. This does not mean the game is bad, you may not like the differences while others do. There are many shortcomings of the game and a few bugs but i dont think the first version of minecraft was perfect either. Please do not comment because you do not like the xbox version.

The xbox version isnt played like the pc version, it is much more casual play oiented. It is designed so that up to 4 people can play at the same time in one place. Also it feels more like a console game which some pc fans dont like. This does not mean the game is bad, you may not like the differences while others do. There are many shortcomings of the game and a few bugs but i dont think the first version of minecraft was perfect either. Please do not comment because you do not like the xbox version.

Well, I'm terribly sorry that I have an opinion. I respect that you have yours, but I'm allowed to say mine, as are you.

The xbox 1) doesn't use java, and 2) has checksums coming out of its ass, so good fucking luck trying to mod that thing. Not to mention it's an old old oooold build, so you'd have to rewrite every damn mod for the old version in a new language and somehow get it to run past Microsoft's security.

I mean, hell. You can't even mod Skyrim on console, and that game has OFFICIAL mod support, with a fucking Workshop. Dude. Give it up and go eat a ham sandwich before we all herniate.

There is also that tiny little problem of the console using ancient HW where even MC-level stuff has hard time of running well. Adding mods that eat up additional resources would simply melt it.

Not to mention it's an old old oooold build, so you'd have to rewrite every damn mod for the old version in a new language and somehow get it to run past Microsoft's security.

The only reason its on that version is because it was there when they started. Kinda...counterproductive to start the game design from scratch everytime it updates.

The 360 version of Minecraft is complete and utter boring. Crafting is tedious, what takes me a mere five seconds with a mouse, took me at least a minute with the controller. Not to mention, they reversed the controls, right mines block, left uses item? Surely they've never played this game for the computer, right mines block, left uses item. Very simple logic, but it just doesn't seem to find itself in there.

As my friend from college explains, "It's much more polished, no bugs, no crashes, no memory issues, PC minecraft is just the testing ground for the console now." This man* received a good stern verbal punishment from me, but he doesn't listen, this is the man who uses a controller to play computer games, madness All in all the console version was just to make an absurd amount of money, and guess what? It did, what a surprise, what a surprise.

* Edit, Reason; replaced "made" with "mad".

In regards to the controls of left placing, right mining, I think they are going off of the old 'free' version of Minecraft that is on the Minecraft.net website.

Also, you need a new friend. Playing computer games with controllers? May as well just get the console and play it off of that.

Finally, the computer version of Minecraft is still the main version almost everyone will play. I highly doubt Mojang will use it as a... testing ground... for the computer version, especially since they are PC gamers themselves, and considering the fact that the computer version is already months ahead of the console version, simply because they are using an old version on the console.

Also, I watched Simon and Lewis play a little bit of the console version, and the slow look speed was literally making me sick.

Some games are far superior on controller v. keyboard/mouse, primarily racing/flying games. The ideal control method would actually be mouse primary-hand, analog stick off-hand, for those games not requiring significant hotkeys.

Otherwise, yes.

I dont think minecraft for xbox was intended to be the same as PC, yadadada.

More of for easy use, I got it to play with people that dont have great computers, or messing around with servers.

Yes it is primitive (being beta 1.6.6) but what do you expect? The same as PC? It takes much more to get updates and such on.

I dont think minecraft for xbox was intended to be the same as PC, yadadada.

More of for easy use, I got it to play with people that dont have great computers, or messing around with servers.

Yes it is primitive (being beta 1.6.6) but what do you expect? The same as PC? It takes much more to get updates and such on.

I totally agree with you. Just a note, I was never meaning to insult the XBox version, I was just saying that it will take a backseat to the PC version.

Anybody put any thought into the fact that they're charging $20 USD for a laggy unmoddable beta 1.6 build? Wanna tell me what that says for how much they care about their players?

Mojang has sure come a long way from the random Swede with a vision begging for support in alpha. I respected him, back then. Indies should make money like studios, sure, but not by acting as sleazy as them.

Anybody put any thought into the fact that they're charging $20 USD for a laggy unmoddable beta 1.6 build? Wanna tell me what that says for how much they care about their players?

Mojang has sure come a long way from the random Swede with a vision begging for support in alpha. I respected him, back then. Indies should make money like studios, sure, but not by acting as sleazy as them.

I don't think that Mojang has much to do with the XBox version. They probably were asked by the devs of the two new companies on the splash screen if it was okay to make an XBox version, and they said 'aight, and now probably don't do much of anything involving the XBox version, except maybe advise them.

Two new companies? What? I haven't looked.

Yeah, if you look at the splash, along with Mojang, there are two new companies that show up. Probably small dev groups. But yeah, I don't think it's Mojang who are developing the XBox version.

I've had a painful run-in with these guys, but what's the warning for the rest of us for?

Eh, just a general warning.

Anyone that seems really popular is likely to have people that cannot stand them, and will go off at the drop of any hat if they are "tricked/forced" to watch them.

Though now that I put two thoughts into it, yogscast is basically what made technic popular, so this seems silly. Whoops :)

The game was primarily

made by 4j studios, and $15-$20 was the expected price. And while it is of course unmoddable because of Microsofts strict marketplace rules, it is by no means laggy.

I purchased it simply so I could play minecraft on the sofa with family or friends, and it does run very well. I think what he meant by slow was the control sensitivity which I did have to turn way up.

All in all it's vanilla minecraft. I don't think anyone expected it to be on par with the pc version, nor was it trying to be. It's primary advantage is in fact split screen and coop.