[Closed for now] [1.7.10] Lucki Craft - The way modded Minecraft should be played

1. I plan to, but I cannot find out how :P.  I put it in the versions.json but in 1.7.10 liteloader is not an actual .jar file and when you install the pack versions.json is reset. (the read-only option is reset even though I included it in the downloaded files.)
  2. NEI plugins is not updated for 1.7.10, bspkrscore is in there, I'll check out the other two mods
  3. OK
  4. I will update galacticraft, however I intentionally left cofh a couple versions out of date because I was having stability issues.  I will double-check on these though.
  5. ill check it out
  6. All of the mods are updated to the latest version except for the ones you mentioned
  7. I do not have any configs in the modpack atm. I think the old ones you are getting means you need to clear the modpack files before downloading.
  8. I am planning to tomorrow, haven't had the time yet
  9. Great idea! Didn't know this was an option

- Thanks for these suggestions!

1) when you download the installer, there is an option to extract the jar file, do that, and then put that jar file into the 1.7.10 folder. You don't actually need to touch the versions.json file.

2) The unofficial version is, it was updated by tonious11 (author of SimplyJetpacks) however I think that he removed the download links, i can send it to you.

Something that I just noticed:

Remove all files except the modpack.jar file from the bin folder.

Edited by PBlock96

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) when you download the installer, there is an option to extract the jar file, do that, and then put that jar file into the 1.7.10 folder. You don't actually need to touch the versions.json file.

2) The unofficial version is, it was updated by tonious11 (author of SimplyJetpacks) however I think that he removed the download links, i can send it to you.

Something that I just noticed:

Remove all files except the modpack.jar file from the bin folder.

Okay, I only did that because I couldn't think of another way to install liteloader

I apologize for the long wait, I am in the process of making sure all of the mods and configuration is set up perfectly.  I have been very busy these past couple of days and I made a lot of headway with the project tonight. The next step is to go through installing cauldron and the bukkit plugins.  I am working hard to bring the server to you guys tomorrow.  Thanks for being patient.

Edited by m1dude

Metallurgy is pretty nice, and it is a very good way to centralize ore generation ( I used it a while ago when I was setting up the ore gen for the modded server I set up). I would enjoy having it in the pack.

Edited by PBlock96

I just tested them out, and Mekanism ores work in thermal expansion Pulverizers, AE2 Grindstones, and are in the ore dictionary (therefore work in any machine using the ore dictionary, which is every major mod.)

And no, Metallurgy does not change other mods ore spawning, but it does provide a centralized method to control most of the common ores in the game. E.G. Copper, Tin, Iron, Zinc, and Brass.

What I found as the easiest way to control ore spawning is to disable all other mod versions of a ore (So not having 6 different coppers), and only enable one mod's version. Since Metallurgy has various types of common ores and since its spawning of those ores is very controllable, I found it easiest to use Metallurgy as the "core" ore generating mod. However, since it does not offer ore spawning for ores such as Osmium, Apatite, or Silicon, it is still required to use other mods to generate the few ores not spawned by Metallurgy.

I just tested them out, and Mekanism ores work in thermal expansion Pulverizers, AE2 Grindstones, and are in the ore dictionary (therefore work in any machine using the ore dictionary, which is every major mod.)

And no, Metallurgy does not change other mods ore spawning, but it does provide a centralized method to control most of the common ores in the game. E.G. Copper, Tin, Iron, Zinc, and Brass.

What I found as the easiest way to control ore spawning is to disable all other mod versions of a ore (So not having 6 different coppers), and only enable one mod's version. Since Metallurgy has various types of common ores and since its spawning of those ores is very controllable, I found it easiest to use Metallurgy as the "core" ore generating mod. However, since it does not offer ore spawning for ores such as Osmium, Apatite, or Silicon, it is still required to use other mods to generate the few ores not spawned by Metallurgy.

I understand all that, I am not new to modpacks Edited by m1dude

• Moderators

Thanks for the info, I am relatively new to modpacks :)

Another question: on the old server I saw that other mods copper would not work several mekanism machines for quintupling. I'd have to use mekanism's, and route the others to thermal expansion, or elsewhere.

My concern is that I won't be able to make fun Mekanism quintupling production chains without Mekanism ores.

Would this be the case?

IGN

SomeLazyHobo

What can I bring?

I bring a devoted Minecrafter with very little to do (:P) who doesn't leave things unfinished and loves to play and learn. 

Why would I want to be whitelisted?

I am looking to play Minecraft with other people, pleasant and active. I've played vanilla to death and have never touched Mods or Modpacks before, I'd like to change that.

Thanks for the info, I am relatively new to modpacks :)

Another question: on the old server I saw that other mods copper would not work several mekanism machines for quintupling. I'd have to use mekanism's, and route the others to thermal expansion, or elsewhere.

My concern is that I won't be able to make fun Mekanism quintupling production chains without Mekanism ores.

Would this be the case?

Do you remember which versions of copper? The reason that I ask is because when I tested this in the new version of the pack every kind worked fine.

Do you remember which versions of copper? The reason that I ask is because when I tested this in the new version of the pack every kind worked fine.

well it doesn't really matter as long as metallurgy metals work fine. Edited by m1dude

Nevermind my application. You list 78 mods and addons, yet it totals 145 mods. I cannot run that, and in that case will not be playing on this server. Thanks for the offer. I recommend letting others know there are 145 mods first..

I do not see where he lists 78 mods, however in the main post I see where he has listed 71 mods and the phrase "And many extentions to these mods! "

Also, the recent talk of the remaking of the pack we use on the server that has taken up most of the last page should tell you that the list there may not be correct.

Edited by PBlock96

I do not see where he lists 78 mods, however in the main post I see where he has listed 71 mods and the phrase "And many extentions to these mods! "

Also, the recent talk of the remaking of the pack we use on the server that has taken up most of the last page should tell you that the list there may not be correct.

Thank you PBlock! :)

I have released a new version of the modpack, 2.1.2.  The modpack now includes Metallurgy!  I have edited all the config files for the world gen that I am planning to use on the server.  Metallurgy takes care of tin and copper generation by itself, while galaticraft and thermal foundation (expansion) take care of most other common ores.  Of course metallurgy adds many other ores by itself and I have not touched these configurations.  

I have only found one exception to this, and that is when artifice creates its limestone, marble... etc and spawns tin and copper, it tends to use forestry ores.  It is strange, but I cannot seem to find an option to fix that.

Please test it out and let me know if you think the ore gen is too heavy or too light.  Keep in mind we are looking for a server that is not incredibly hard to find ore, nor incredibly easy.  Thanks!

Results for the trials that I did tonight with the new spawning configs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NAxRSco06o-zICGKs7sPvXnoJHYfrfgIbAk-_mStzxQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other than the new mod versions of sulfur (which will be disabled)  is this a good amount of ore gen? I don't get a chance to play MC that often, so what do you think?

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons