Mo creatures in tekkit

Arthos455

I vaguely remember reading something saying that SMP Mo' Creatures won't be back, and hasn't been updated since 1.8

I swear to god, as soon as I get "good" at modding, I will try and SMP-ify it.

Computer courses in college, video tutorials online.

I'm trying my best, I swear.

I do believe that mo'creatures is still going strong, but was on a hiatus for a while.

It IS currently updated for 1.1.0, however I read in the FAQ that he is not allowing it to be a part of mod packs... I'm not sure if tekkit would be considered a mod pack or not, but ... Here's the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v110-mo-creatures-v322-with-goats-jellyfish-mantarays-and-stingrays/

It would be really nice to see this in tekkit, but I would understand if it's not possible.

I do believe that mo'creatures is still going strong, but was on a hiatus for a while.

It IS currently updated for 1.1.0, however I read in the FAQ that he is not allowing it to be a part of mod packs... I'm not sure if tekkit would be considered a mod pack or not, but ... Here's the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v110-mo-creatures-v322-with-goats-jellyfish-mantarays-and-stingrays/

It would be really nice to see this in tekkit, but I would understand if it's not possible.

The SMP version is only up to 1.8.1, i don't know if/when it will be updated again

• Forum Administrators

You don't get what he was asking. Mo' Creatures is fine and updated for 1.1 yes, but there is no SMP component. There was a time when there was SMP Mo' Creatures, and that was back in 1.8.1 and has since not been updated.

I believe a lot of the mods in tekkit were ported to SMP... As far as I'm aware, the team doesn't rely on the original developer to create an SMP version, but I could be wrong...

I also have no idea where you'd get this idea from.

I feel like Tekkit really needs this mod. I mean you get severely overpowered equipment like quantum armor (making you practically immortal as long as you have power. and nano sabers and laser rifles but your enemies remain the same weak ol zombie+skeleton+creeper.

At least Mo creatures contain things like ogre mages and all kinds of poisonous, flying, fast aggressive stuff that gives the new weapons and armors a purpose rather than just one shotting other players from 20 meters.

im sure they agree naturam, that is after all, why they have it in single player its not as if there is a line of code they are ignoring called "allow multi-player = false"

hopefully, one of two things will happen - they will get the source code, decide they need\want\can port it them selves, or the mod maker will have a change of heart

I do just wana add this bit for you guys.

I'm new to Tekkit but I am a plugin dev for bukkit with quite a few plugins for bukkit.

Mods can not be copyrighted in any way shape or form. They all can be de-compiled for adding and porting over to bukkit, spout etc. I would try it myself, but there are so many lines of code its a little overwhelming bc the dr has a few ppl helping him with his mod. If I can find another dev somewhere that wants to help me I will continue porting and updating the smp version.

• 1 month later...

Josh, if you could port it over it would be AMAZING! And i would personally dance a happy dance! (Or just sit in my chair with a goofy grin on my face). For you! Either way, i'm sure there's some modders that are willing to help, asking on bukkit, or hell ask DrSharkz himself :) I'm sure he or someone within the team would love to help.

If the owner of MoCreatures woild let, me, I'd update it to SMP in 15 minuites, I'm an adaptive modder, I know a little bit of everything, including programming in java. If I got the source, it wouldn't be too hard to update, it depends on how many files, that's it.

I do just wana add this bit for you guys.

I'm new to Tekkit but I am a plugin dev for bukkit with quite a few plugins for bukkit.

Mods can not be copyrighted in any way shape or form. They all can be de-compiled for adding and porting over to bukkit, spout etc. I would try it myself, but there are so many lines of code its a little overwhelming bc the dr has a few ppl helping him with his mod. If I can find another dev somewhere that wants to help me I will continue porting and updating the smp version.

Actually, the TOS states that mods/plugins(not referring to bukkit)/whatever-you-want-to-call-them are intellectual property of the creators, only the code for Minecraft belongs to mojang.

TOS

What You Can Do

If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changes.

Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't.

So, Mo' Creatures belongs to Dr.Zhark, however with a polite request to him I'm sure he will allow it, I asked him back around 1.5 if it would be alright if I port it to work with modloadermp and he said yes.

Legally considering minecraft is open source you don't have to buy anything. No copy wright no problem download the mod and you can do whatever you want with it

Can you please site where mojang says minecraft is opensource?

Well, i sent that JSN guy this:

Here it is:

"Hey Jsn_man

I was wondering if you still work on Mo' Creatures? I've been looking through some of the pages and i cant seem to find any info on it.

Did you give up on it? hopefully not. Also, have you considered helping out the guys at "TechnicPack.net"? They are a group of modders whom have come together to create a compilation of multiplayer mods that run as an overlay to minecraft, so you dont even have to mod minecraft to play the mods, its an amazing mod compilation and i think your skills would help them greatly.

They used to have the mod Mo' Creatures in the pack but they had to remove it since the author stopped working on the multiplayer version after 1.8.1 anyway, i hope you will consider. It would be awesome to have all the greatest mods in one big installer, would make it easier on the newbies to install mods as well as the veteran server hosts. Please do consider.

~Etarnalazure"

Hopefully he will respond with a favorable answer