Oh shit, there probably is a technic greifing client

miniboxer

I was looking around for a good greifing client to fuck up the MCBANS listings, cause mcbans is crap that deserves to be messed up. But, I stumbled across Team Avolition's site, and they had tutorials on how to make greifing clients. That shit is easy. I could probably do it as soon as I figure out how to make a toggle. No doubt there is some sort of technic hacked client circulating around by now. Soooo, what are we gonna do about it? I propose beating the clients with ducks.

If there weren't also a cracked launcher, that would be less terrible, because it would take $30 per account. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do.

maybe incorporate some sort of anti-cheat software into technic? I am just shooting into the dark here, i got no idea either.

Eh, I don't play much online, so I wouldn't really care. But some dude who spent like a week building some massive structure, just to have it destroyed by griefers would be pretty upset. and then rolled back to the nearest backup again in moments

Any server which doesn't have some form of backup in place, frankly isn't work playing on.

Any server which doesn't have some form of backup in place, frankly isn't work playing on.

Tekkify has a system where they can selectively roll back the world per individual. Griefers are identified, and every single change they make in the world is rolled back. It's rather nice.

Tekkify has a system where they can selectively roll back the world per individual. Griefers are identified, and every single change they make in the world is rolled back. It's rather nice.

Unless if they also plant trees and bonemeal them. Then it becomes a world entity and not theirs. Hell, AVO already does that to screw up BB. The only real protection is to have an active admin on at all times. AVO has pretty much proven this over and over again, and even then.

Unless if they also plant trees and bonemeal them. Then it becomes a world entity and not theirs. Hell, AVO already does that to screw up BB. The only real protection is to have an active admin on at all times. AVO has pretty much proven this over and over again, and even then.

as long as choptree is available, tree planting does not concern me.

If they wreck the shit out of some blocks, then plant trees and bonemeal them, it would be impossible to rollback their actions on those blocks is what I think he's saying.

Exactly, and when you do rollback something, the tree will stay and prevent any blocks where the tree is from coming back, leaving a tree inside of your walls, floor, valuable machines, chests, etc... It doesn't matter if you get rid of the tree, the damage is still done. Especially if they plant it right where you have an extremely expensive machine there, or delicate wiring. Like your nuclear reactor, your Mass Generators (or whatever they are called), whatever else is important.

Still, a generalized rollback would work then.

True, but that would also hurt everyone else then too, which causes anger in the community, and if it happens too many times, you could lose players. Then again, maybe not, but the risk is always there.

True, but that would also hurt everyone else then too, which causes anger in the community, and if it happens too many times, you could lose players. Then again, maybe not, but the risk is always there.

Yo u can roll back specific areas pretty easily. They don't have to be global anymore.

I would assume that not rolling back the griefing damage would cause more problems in the long term for the community. At least as long as those backups are made frequently enough and griefing is discovered fast enough.

Not everyone who uses a cracked client is a griefer i am just broke

Don't buy snacks and beer/smokes (if you are old enough) for a week and you'll have more than enough. "I'm broke" is just a stupid excuse. Unless you live on a street you aren't broke, you just aren't prioritizing things properly.

Not everyone who uses a cracked client is a griefer i am just broke

These clients generally have a suite of tools that aid in griefing, like sneak hack, x-ray, fast block break, fly, etc... Team AVo, mentioned in an earlier post, use such clients to wreak havoc on servers. They themselves have added in many things themselves, most notably .retard or Jadevision. I'm pretty sure griefing clients require a proper account, as they launch like normal minecraft does, if I understand correctly.

A cracked client is just an account that says that it is official when it really isn't.

Just to head the word up, there is no hacked client that supports Tekkit SMP.

And agreed. Just because people use hacked clients for vanilla, doesn't mean they are scum.

The griefers and bot spammers experienced by so many of us over here are actually just accounts stolen from stoopid 12 year olds.

I'll be taking no further questions.

Just to head the word up, there is no hacked client that supports Tekkit SMP.

And agreed. Just because people use hacked clients for vanilla, doesn't mean they are scum.

The griefers and bot spammers experienced by so many of us over here are actually just accounts stolen from stoopid 12 year olds.

I'll be taking no further questions.

exactly, the good hacked clients are so much fun to use, especially on terrible servers with spazy admins.

also, the REAL greifers can fuck up a ton of shit really quickly, it is the ones that just randomly break shit that aren't a threat.

exactly, the good hacked clients are so much fun to use, especially on terrible servers with spazy admins.

also, the REAL greifers can fuck up a ton of shit really quickly, it is the ones that just randomly break shit that aren't a threat.

Like when an organized group of griefers in good communication hit a server. Stuff be disappearing then. Also, some griefers only focus on people who truly deserve it.

Like when an organized group of griefers in good communication hit a server. Stuff be disappearing then. Also, some griefers only focus on people who truly deserve it.

exactly, the real greifers are using shit like reliant to nuke the server. If a team like AVO comes on your server, you are pretty much fucked.