Tekkit 3.0.4 and Multicraft Guide?

Can anyone walk me through the exact files placement for Tekkit 3.0.4 on a Multicraft server?

I've been searching the net and every thread I find on these forums gives me a different answer. The one that has somewhat worked is to place my Tekkit.jar, mods folder, and mod_EE.props file into a folder named "jar". However, once I'm in the server, volcanoes do not spawn (all the basalt blocks are missing), I can't spawn any IC2, RP2, or Buildcraft items (they all say blah blah ID not found).

I'm so frustrated and mad right now. I would have thought someone would have written up a tutorial on how to set it all up.

Okay, after a lot of trial and error, I was able to get the server to run, but it seems none of the mods are loading. (I had to move Tekkit.jar, config folder, and mods folder into a new folder called "jar" in my server's main directory.) No matter what I try to do, I can not spawn anything beyond the vanilla blocks and items. Every time I try, I get this error:

There's no item called ###

*Replace ### with some ID number.

Also related is the fact that no volcanoes are generated, so thus seeds I've used before that I know locations of volcanoes on, now those areas are devoid of any volcanoes. And as such, no basalt.

I'm giving up in frustration. Either no one uses Tekkit 3.x.x with Multicraft or people have gotten it work (after some work?) but didn't deem it important enough to post up a "How to" guide for the rest of us. Searching these forums have been of zero help. Any topic that's even related has replies giving conflicting answers and none of which work for me.

All I want is a working Tekkit 3.0.3/3.0.4 server. *pulls out hair*

Tekkit has some odd requirements regarding the config file location so I recommend setting "Look for JARs in" to "Server JAR directory" and then extracting Tekkit to both the server directory and the "jar" directory.

It will only require some config files in both locations but if you don't want to experiment this should be the fastest way.

As for the .conf file, you can copy the craftbukkit.jar.conf to tekkit.jar.conf if your tekkit JAR file is called tekkit.jar. The following how-to entry also provides additional information regarding the .conf files:

http://multicraft.org/site/page?view=usage#9

For my server, I have only Tekkit.jar, the .bat & .sh launchers in my jar map. (The launchers aren't even needed in Multicraft) Everything else, like the config, mods, etc. folders are in the main directory. That's the only way how it works on my server. Try it on your server, maybe it will be the same for you!

BTW: I am a MineCraft Host Provider who is working very hard to offer support to all my Tekkit Customers... Actually you do not even need to be our customer to ask for assistance from us. We do not care where you are hosting, we help anyway. We get a lot of support calls from Daddy Cheese and many others. We are in the Minecraft hosting business not to make money, but to help people like ourselves get a good deal on hosting, and a community of other owners like yourselves to lean on for support as well.

I am currently working with Daniel Hoffer of MultiCraft about the main PING TIMEOUT issue with Tekkit. Getting Tekkit installed, up and running is cake on MultiCraft if you have Host owner access. I tried to make it easier by adding the Tekkit.jar and the Tekkit.conf files in the MultiCraft main Daemon jar folder. I have zipped up and rar'ed the files and folders in their proper locations and made them available to our customers. Quick and easy instructions. http://forums.thewebgamer.net/index.php?topic=53.msg71;topicseen#new

Still there is a a problem with MultiCraft thinking that Tekkit has crashed. It says Ping Timeout, Restarting Minecraft! Multicraft stops your server, (hope and pray it saved your player data) and starts Tekkit back up again.

As for me, I am a Telecommunications Networking Systems Engineer who loves MineCraft, but issues like this leave me feeling helpless as a babe in the woods. But once I do get this figured out, know that I will gladly post the fix so my fellow providers can get everything running as well.

Tekkit is a great addition for the Minecraft Community. Not to do our best to make it easy for all of us to get hosted and have everything running perfect would be a huge mistake.

-PsyberTech

Multicraft uses the "List" command as a sort of ping, however its weird because MultiCraft does not seem to be able to get the list command to work, even know its able to send commands fine to the tekkit server...

For example:

Chat works fine!

I wonder if multicraft has a seperate way of talking to bukkit based jar's than it does with vanilla jar's - i think of this as when using a custom conf file and the tekkit jar multicraft does not see it as bukkit (no plugins link, and stuff like that)

Is there a way to make multicraft think that tekkit is acctually bukkit?

@PsyberTech: My server is hosted on a Dutch hosting server with MultiCraft. I had to wait 2,5 weeks before the company had Tekkit support when I requested it. I don't have the ping timeout problem and ofcourse I can't see what the hosting company has done to get it to work, but it certainly works. (And it does the PING thingy indeed with the list command like AlienX described.)

Looks like all I needed to do was to copy the CraftBukkit.jar.conf file and modify it with the Tekkit info and save it back as Tekkit.jar.conf in the MultiCraft Jar folder. Since I did that there have been no problems. Again, if someone wants to test, I will activate a server for you.

Looks like all I needed to do was to copy the CraftBukkit.jar.conf file and modify it with the Tekkit info and save it back as Tekkit.jar.conf in the MultiCraft Jar folder. Since I did that there have been no problems. Again, if someone wants to test, I will activate a server for you.

Even the ping works?

• 2 weeks later...

Just backup everything that is on your server (just in case) then erase everything from your server folder everything completely, then download a fresh copy of the Tekkit server, unzip it and upload everything (except the world and any world related folder like the World_Nether) in both the jar folder and the root folder of the server.

• 2 weeks later...

oy, I should have posted way sooner! I have forgotten a lot of what I learned by doing this!

However, here are some things I (kind of) remember.

1. in the multicraft config files, a big problem for me was the setting "java=java" this needed to be changed to the actual path (including java.exe i.e. C:\...\java.exe)

2. for me, all the files in the package (from TheWebGamer/Psybertech) needed to be put in the SERVER directory, ONLY the tekkit jar and tekkit conf files needed to be copied to the multicraft's "daemon jar" directory

3. I found the best way to do this was either create a server directory prior to install, or to install over a fresh server and delete the world (forcing regeneration after adding the tekkit files to the server directory)

Take it with a grain of salt, I take no responsibility for the liability claims of anyone using this information, I'm just trying to help. GLHF.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have superuser acsess this is a easy fix:

click "settings" in the top left you will get a page with a list of settings.

click "show advanced options"

find "Assume Minecraft is still running on" and change the dropbox to "any console output"