Missing Forestry? Some arent ...

First off, 100% auto wheatfarm:

wheatfarm.jpg

What ... then whats that there back in the background you might ask? Well, its just a small 100% automated rubbertreefarm. That never stops ;)

rubbertreefarm.jpg

Ill just let the creator of this explain it in a simple way:

• all the different elements
  • are run by the pc
  • all is excact sience in there to run stuff the right amount of time
  • like enable retrievers pulsing
  • enable power to emptier, cut power
  • stop retrievers
  • wait 20 sec for items to go to the chest
  • pulse the filter to send the saplings up
  • run the second filter for 4 sec to send all into maglev
  • stop the filter
  • wait 2 sec for the saplings to reach builder
  • enable power to builder
  • wait 8 sec, cut power to builder
  • and now wait 15min

that should be the whole program there, tho it shows all the wait times nicely as a progress:

screen.jpg

CC mining turtle.

1 dirt block with a collector setup around it.

Turtle has 1 rubber tree log in the first slot and a stack of saplings in the second slot, placed 1 block above the dirt and facing it from the side.

Turtle places a sapling then enters a wait mode, every 15 seconds have it compare the block infront of it (where it placed the sapling) with the rubber tree log.

Compare matches, start a logging program to work it's way up, havest all the wood, and head back down.

Turtle drops all but it's saplings and 1 log then starts waiting again.

I'll try whipping a program to do that up tonight.

We dissabled CC totally, its all RP and some parts of BC, what more is needed? (beside CC is damn awefull on any server CPU, RP isnt:) )

Edit: Do the turtle also auto replants? This setup collects all saplings, and make shure there is enought to replant at all time. It basicly is in an endless loop. Only way to stop it is to break the RP machine itselfe, console is 100% locked so noone can stop it, even if they tried :)

Turtles can mine and place standard blocks. I haven't actually tested but they should work for rubber saplings. If not then it's still just a matter of having the turtle trigger a deployer kept full of saplings.

And why disable CC? Turtles are superior to every other automining setup, and with monitors you can watch a movie in game.

Eh, I love the things.

They build me safe tunnels through the nether, and punch holes down so my pumps can get at the sweet lava without risking my own hide.

Recently 4 of them cleared out a 32x32 area of ground down to bedrock, then built a cobble wall all the way up to elevation 250.

They dance for me, play music, and show me starwars on a screen bigger than my real apartment.

Turtles are my most trusted minions. I love them so.

Yes and no.

What I'm referring to is the secret program they added with monitors. It's ascii starwars, and yes it does work in SMP.

It works just like any other monitor program, so it could be repurposed to display other ascii animations. And there's a couple converters out there that turn video into ascii art animations.

Still awesome in my opinion.

Theoretically someone could make a CC addon that acted like the monitor block and add a custom renderer to display youtube videos on commands from a CC computer. Synchronize the load/play/stop commands and timing between clients and the server, and you could just let the clients do the heavy bandwidth work, saving the server.

Ingame display of video (which is a dynamic texture) is something I've researched on and off with the torque game engine. Though it's well outa my league for java right now (and probably ever).

Still awesome in my opinion.

Theoretically someone could make a CC addon that acted like the monitor block and add a custom renderer to display youtube videos on commands from a CC computer. Synchronize the load/play/stop commands and timing between clients and the server, and you could just let the clients do the heavy bandwidth work, saving the server.

Ingame display of video (which is a dynamic texture) is something I've researched on and off with the torque game engine. Though it's well outa my league for java right now (and probably ever).

sk89q (the WorldEdit/WorldGuard guy) was working on a YouTube player plugin that displays on MAPS with no client-side mod requirement a long time ago, but he stopped working on it. ;_;

One could make a YT player for CC right now on the ASCII display... it would just be slow as hell and heavy on bandwidth.

Trying to figure out how to make a wheat farm w/ mining turtles.

Most of it is quite easy to figure out except for determining when to harvest crops.

A timed loop would work well but it makes the farm somewhat inefficient and I don't think turtle.compare() would work without gathering the wheat stalks block (providing that the Turtle could use it to determine if the crop is fully grown).