Hamachi Sucks...

I don't know what your problem with hamachi is. If it is a private server it works fine, I use it and plenty of people I know use it. If you do have a "big" problem with it why don't you use that crazy thing called Google? I mean all those servers in the server section aren't using hamachi, are they?

I have too much respect for this guy to determine whether today he has decided to be a total anus.

I felt that way at first. But, this isn't a forum for discussing the basics of how to run a minecraft server. It is specifically for people with Tekkit issues. There seems to be more tolerance for stupid questions when they actually concern Tekkit.

I felt that way at first. But, this isn't a forum for discussing the basics of how to run a minecraft server. It is specifically for people with Tekkit issues. There seems to be more tolerance for stupid questions when they actually concern Tekkit.

Nah, there's no tolerance for stupid questions here, it's just that we realize that not every question is stupid. The ones that are though, are treated with contempt.

Hamachi didn't always suck, until they drastically reduced the number of people you could have on the network in the free version.

But like everyone else who was trying to be helpful said, just run a server and properly forward the ports, then give the people outside the network the public ip address, whereas you'll have to use the network ip address of the computer you're trying to connect to if its on the same LAN.