Energy Link missing

After updating my world to tekkit v3 i no longer have any energy links. They have been converted to redstone lamps. Giving them using the server prompt also doesn't work, says that item 190:4 doesn't excist. I still see them in my (i think it's too many items) list in my inventory, so that means they are available client side right?

Did i fuck something up with the update? I just moved my world files out, deleted the entire map and put the world files back into the V3 server.

My refineries aren't working now and it's a pain in the but :(

I also have a graphical issue that my medium solar panels show up as crafting tables, but that's a minor inconvenience compared to the energy link.

Did i fuck something up with the update? I just moved my world files out, deleted the entire map and put the world files back into the V3 server.

Yes. There's a convenient guide for world conversion, linked from this thread, that you should peruse. Just moving world files is not advisable.

The energy link is part of power converters which only works with build craft 2 which is the current/only SMP version of build craft. Technic uses build craft 3 which is SSP only so it is not possible to have power converts.

The energy link is part of power converters which only works with build craft 2 which is the current/only SMP version of build craft. Technic uses build craft 3 which is SSP only so it is not possible to have power converts.

I have a little tip for conversion. First, follow the guide mentioned above and then before you use the world again, use MC-Merge to stitch the old & new worlds together. Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/629884-a-tool-for-merging-17181910-maps-mcmerge-v053/ Your world boder will look so much better looking after using this tool, it's unbelievable. :)

LOL. Yeah, MC-Merge is very nice. I did make a new map with 3.0.4, but I wanted the spawn area shaped like my country (see: http://deathincorporated.nl/DeathCraft/ (Somewhat outdated now, since there's changed a lot)). That's why I used this tool. I hate those cliffs. :) It did an almost perfect job. I had only to fix like 3 spots or so with the WorldEdit smooth brush until I was happy with it. It was like a walk in the sunny park, really so easy. After I done that I painted a plains biome on the area. That wasn't possible in 2.1.1, but now we have that privilege. I'm also gonna make a cool Nether Biome somewhere with ofcourse a portal to the real Nether. I'm going to build a nice burning wall around it like a sort of castle. I'll do this because the sky will change instantly if you step in that biome. I want to give the player the feeling he/she stepped in the garden of doom. And it is to somewhat hide the sudden change. :D

• 3 months later...

So back to the Energy Link... Is this going to be available in a future update to Tekkit - I noticed Tekkit uses Buildcraft 2.2.14 While Technic uses v3

However even manually adding the PowerConverter mod to the Tekkit mod file and changing the ID number to an open one in the PowerConverters.cfg file my launcher still crashes out.

Anyone have a fix for this or just wait or whats the deal on this?

Thanks

So back to the Energy Link... Is this going to be available in a future update to Tekkit - I noticed Tekkit uses Buildcraft 2.2.14 While Technic uses v3

However even manually adding the PowerConverter mod to the Tekkit mod file and changing the ID number to an open one in the PowerConverters.cfg file my launcher still crashes out.

Anyone have a fix for this or just wait or whats the deal on this?

Thanks

This thread died back in June, why are you necro posting about something which... Well, I'm not sure what that actually is. You obviously didn't even bother to read the thread that you necro posted in, because they worked out in the first reply that powerconverters is still in Tekkit, just with different IDs...