Applied Energistics and Farming - Help.

underbow

Hey Bros,

So, I have been playing Tekkit a whole bunch, and I have begun trying to automate everything.

In order to do that, I was thinking that it would be awesome if I could somehow make it so that if i try to craft wheat, it activates a fertilizer, which will fertilise a specific amount of crops.

Obviously there is no way to ensure an exact amount of wheat produced, so I was wondering if it was possible to use recipes which produced inexact amounts of an item, without the system complaining.

Another issue I am having is finding a way to always have, say, 64 of an item in my system. I am able to do this with items produced by machines, such as iron ingots or ice blocks, by connecting a storage bus to the redstone furnace, or glacial precipitator, respectively, but is there any way to do this with items only made using crafting (e.g. basic processor assemblies)?

Finally, to do with galacticraft, is there any faster way to send oxygen up to space than by either having compressors on earth and decompressors in space, or by simply having a tree/wheat farm in space, with collectors?

Thanks for your help,

Underbow out.

For the Wheat production, why not simply have a small autofarm produce it indefinitely and feed into a DSU, which is connected to the ME network via Storage Bus? On-demand production only goes so far, and some things simply cannot be set up that way.

You can use level emitters to activate production when a certain item count drops below a certain threshold, so depending on production latency and speed, you can make sure that a certain amount of the item is always ready.

For oxygen, maybe check if you can tesseract it directly as a liquid. If that fails, tesseract (or Ender-chest) filled containers and send back empty ones. Then build an automated refilling chain back on the Overworld. I have seen the Yogscast do just that, although they used the (vastly better) Mekanism oxygen generation. Galacticraft machines are notoriously hard to automate, and Mekanism is not in Tekkit. So good luck with that.

Edited by Curunir

you can setup a wheat farm in space and extract the oxy from there, I don't know a quicker way.

Edit:

If you want to transport Items through AE, the quickest way is to setup a quantum link and extend your ME-Network to your spacestation...

Oxygen generation can be automated quite good with AE (Fuzzy import/export bus)

Edited by HeatHunter

Obviously there is no way to ensure an exact amount of wheat produced, so I was wondering if it was possible to use recipes which produced inexact amounts of an item, without the system complaining.

Power your harvester from a steam dynamo that is fed oak wood slab from a me interface that is configured to process (craft) 1 wheat with 1 oak wood slab. Now whenever you request wheat from the me network the me interface will insert 1 wood oak slab into the steam dynamo which will power the harvester long enough to harvest about 10-20 wheat as long as your farm is big enough to sustain the wheat output.

http://postimg.org/image/5495icogn/

http://postimg.org/image/et1uu7azp/

There are other ways of doing this if you want exact wheat amounts. It involves sub me networks with level emitters triggering a redstone setup that outputs a precise amount of inverted redstone signal to the harvester. In my opinion however on demand wheat crafting is silly. Just slap a me level emitter on your harvester that emits a redstone signal when wheat is above 1000 or whatever. Harvesters stop functioning when they get redstone signal.

Edited by Random003