Tekkit build ideas

So I've been playing tekkit for a while, but once I get to a certain point, I really just don't know what to do. I'm sure many of you people readIng this have ran into this problem in either tekkit or technic. So this thread is for people to post thier ideas of cool builds, so the community can maybe get not so bored when endgame. And yes I did make this thread because I don't know what to build, but hey, I'm sure that others are dealing with my same problem.

Sidenote: what mods do you guys want to be added to tekkit and why? (discussion not requests :P)

I'd love logistics pipes, buildcraft 3.x, and thaumcraft. Logistics pipes is an amazing mod, and I'm sure it would be hard to convert to SMP, but man, it would be great. Also buildcraft 3.x is a great update from BC 2.x. Also I'm sure I don't need to explain the awesomeness that thaumcraft for SMP would be :D

yeah i know RP tubes, and i like RP sorting systems, and BC pipes suck compared to them... BUT logistics pipes are much better than vanilla BC pipes. they can do things that RP tubes cant, and logistics pipes rarely overflow if ever. Also RP tubes dont play well with IC2 machines.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love logistics pipes, buildcraft 3.x, and thaumcraft. Logistics pipes is an amazing mod, and I'm sure it would be hard to convert to SMP, but man, it would be great. Also buildcraft 3.x is a great update from BC 2.x. Also I'm sure I don't need to explain the awesomeness that thaumcraft for SMP would be :D

Logistic pipes is already multiplayer (didn't test it, and don't know if is updated): http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/logistic-pipes-smp/

And thaumcraft will probably go multiplayer when the modding api in minecraft is added, and here some ideas: Redpower tunnelbore, Frames tree farm, and maybe a quarry with redpower(computercontrolled) and all the items you get are being sorted, smelted etc

And also some mods i like to see in tekkit are: Portal mod, Steve carts(will be smp soon), Logistic Pipes, ThaumCraft, MystCraft, ExtraBiomesXL, MFFS and mayhbe infitools.

Hopefully this info/tips were helpful ( and sorry if i used some bad english, its not my mother language)

Yellowthunder

Well if you haven't played with EE disabled yet, definitely do that... Makes the game stay interesting for at least 10x as long.

Otherwise... frames are awesome. It is hard for me to NOT continue to think of hilarious things I could do with frames. Especially frames connected to computercraft consoles and ender chests. E.g. strip the entire world of resources (not just in a line. Have it scan whole areas like a typewriter, down to bedrock). Suck up all the oceans and dig all the blocks, and teleport it all back to a central warehouse, turning cobble/dirt into scrap as you go for UU generators, and storing chests full of diamonds and gold. You could even program a turtle to sort all your incoming resources from the ender chests to other chests/factories as they come in.

Or give a turtle some fire and a couple world anchors (I think you can make raw fire blocks with UU), and have it roam around burning forests throughout the world and keeping itself loaded. Then follow up with MV or HV solar panels and terraformers (could also be automatically deployed in a systematic grid) and turn the whole world into desert.

In fact, Imma make a thread about that right now, cause I want somebody to actually do it.