Tekkit build ideas

Lol me to... Maybe kickstart it again?

Build ideas i came up with:

Automatic cake farm

Frame bore quarry thing

automatic cookie farm :3

frame elevator

In reply to your comment I just finished my first prototype of a frame elveator using wireless redstone, timers, and frame motors. It gets you to the top level of the facility in a few seconds. Just trying to figure out a way to take it to my basement.

I'm currently making a moving frame airship factory/towing rig which has been a lot of fun. it is a giant "+" shaped (60x60) set of frames in the sky.

Every 60 blocks in the air is a little station with 2 frame motors one in each direction, 2 receivers, a battery, a tether, and a few solar panels.

when you pulse signals at the right frequency, every station goes one direction, and the big + shaped rig will move at maximum speed (1 block per 0.8 seconds) along the sky highway, always in contact with at least one station. Other lines of stations branch off in the other axis, like a road system.

The rig itself is small, less than 200 blocks (just the two 1x60 lines of frames, some anchor carts, a computer, workbench, etc.) and doesn't include any solar panels or frame motors or anything itself. Thus, it is able to tow 800 blocks worth of other stuff along with it, in a modular sort of system. This could include other airships (which generally move much more slowly and have less battery power or solar power), towing them quickly to where they are needed. There's also a module with equipment for manufacturing airships: a platform with collectors, condensers for various airship materials, tubing and alloy furnaces, auto crafting for some of the most common things like frame motors and frames, etc. This can be unhooked and left at home base, or towed to a new location for on-site airship building or repair. You could also imagine habitation platforms, gunnery modules, etc.

The rig being so small and simple and cheap also allows me to make additional rigs if needed. So one rig can be towing an airship to the battle arena or whatever, while another one is towing the factory to go repair or retrieve another airship somewhere else.

I plan in the future to also have a very compact, minimum-number-of-blocks (but slower) tugboat that can still go in 6 directions, and can be packed into a turtle. One or several of these can be packed up and towed along with the rig for most of the distance along the sky highway, and then the little micro tugboats can move things into their final, precise positions (like habitation modules which may not have their own motor drives)

To all you guys thinking about making mining rigs and that- don't use block breakers that go back and fourth to do it- shure, it might seem like a good idea, but it requires an extra bit of effort and it's fairly slow.

Instead, hook up a forcefield a block cutter upgrade, have it pulse on and off when you move, and use that as your "drill head" and use some transposers to slurp up the items.

It's surprisingly effective actually.

To all you guys thinking about making mining rigs and that- don't use block breakers that go back and fourth to do it- shure, it might seem like a good idea, but it requires an extra bit of effort and it's fairly slow.

Instead, hook up a forcefield a block cutter upgrade, have it pulse on and off when you move, and use that as your "drill head" and use some transposers to slurp up the items.

It's surprisingly effective actually.

That sounds really cool, especially considering that you are actually integrating IC2 and RP technology. But I thought block cutter didn't drop the items?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make a factory like I did if you haven't. Not just any factory an HV factory. Not just ANY HV Factory, a non-EE2 HV Factory :P

UU matter ---> Solar Panels + Transformers ---> HV Solar Panels

Its possible, I got to over 1200 HV's over a long time. The UU ratios and chain crafting recipes are a challenge if that is what you desire. Even if you don't want it to be fast (Requires lots of power). I made one that was powered off of 25 HV's, then one powered off of around 200, then one off of up to 1500 (didn't reach that amount). The faster the UU matter comes in the faster you have to process it!

This thread is awesome,

Iv just finished with my Automatic Scrap to Mass Fabricator system and a set of fairly long distance teleporters, now i need some inspiration for my next project. We have automatic smelting systems and quarrys all going and everything is pretty much automated for all our resources, so i really need to find something to build that we dont have already, something fairly complex preferably, want to test my tekkit skills.

(Playing in survival Multiplayer with a friend)

This thread is awesome,

Iv just finished with my Automatic Scrap to Mass Fabricator system and a set of fairly long distance teleporters, now i need some inspiration for my next project. We have automatic smelting systems and quarrys all going and everything is pretty much automated for all our resources, so i really need to find something to build that we dont have already, something fairly complex preferably, want to test my tekkit skills.

(Playing in survival Multiplayer with a friend)

Hv solar panel factory!