Need Help Creating Modpack

Rokyle

I don't know how to make a modpack. I tried making one which has the mods below and I find that I am suffering from huge lag even though I have played mod packs with alot more mods installed. Can someone help me get it working and realivitly lag free?

Note:If you have any questions just ask, IDK if I provided enough info or not...

Mods I Want:

Minecraft Forge -1.7.10

Veinmeiner -1.7.10

NEI Not Enough Items 1.7.10

Minefactory Reloaded -1.7.1

Minecraft Comes Alive 1.7.0

Backpacks -1.7.10

CodeChickenCore -1.7.10

Inventory Tweaks-1.7.10

Thaumcraft - 1.7.10

Tinker Construct-1.7.10

Twilight Forest -1.7.10

Blood Magic -1.7.10

Witchery -1.7.10

Ars Magica 2 -1.7.10

Biomes O Plenty -1.7.10

BuildCraft -1.7.10

Ender I0 -1.7.10

Galactic Craft -1.7.10

WAILA - 1.7.10

Lycanite's Mobs -1.7.10

Magical Crops-1.7.10

Mekanism -1.7.10

Morph-1.7.10

Hats -1.7.10

Mob Amputation -1.7.10

MystCraft - 1.7.10

Pam's Harvestcraft -1.7.10

Thermal Expansion - 1.7.10

Thermal Foundation -1.7.10

Fossils and Archaeology Revival Build -1.7.10

Edited by Rokyle

• Discord Moderator
  • Please provide the API URL (the URL you paste into the Launcher to add the pack) when requesting assistance for any custom modpack.
  • Please provide relevant logs by using a pastebin service (don't paste huge logs here).
  • The black font you have used is nearly impossible to read.
  • I would agree that the mods listed there are fairly tame and should not be causing much lag on any system which can run larger packs. The implication is that there is either some odd incompatibility between two or more mods, or that something odd is going on with your system. More information about system specs and configuration would help determine where the issue might be arising.

• Please provide the API URL (the URL you paste into the Launcher to add the pack) when requesting assistance for any custom modpack.
  • Please provide relevant logs by using a pastebin service (don't paste huge logs here).
  • The black font you have used is nearly impossible to read.
  • I would agree that the mods listed there are fairly tame and should not be causing much lag on any system which can run larger packs. The implication is that there is either some odd incompatibility between two or more mods, or that something odd is going on with your system. More information about system specs and configuration would help determine where the issue might be arising.

• This is a custom modpack that I am making for personal use so there is no API URL but, I can easily make one if needed.
  • http://pastebin.com/U2iRpPJQ - This a log I found and I believe it is relevant but I'm no expert.
  • Here are some specs:

Processor: Intel® Core I7-3770 cpu @ 3.40gh

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.86 Usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Edited by Rokyle

• Discord Moderator

Please provide the API URL for your custom modpack, or at least a download link for the pack itself if you don't have an API URL yet. I'll take a look and see what might be up. I wouldn't think you should have to increase permgen space on a pack of that size. Something is up.

Please provide the API URL for your custom modpack, or at least a download link for the pack itself if you don't have an API URL yet. I'll take a look and see what might be up. I wouldn't think you should have to increase permgen space on a pack of that size. Something is up.

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/the-miz-pack

- I didn't know how to fully incorporate forge. (so I did my best)

-I appreciate you going this far to assist me too... :D

• Discord Moderator

Client Pack:

• You should uncheck the box labeled "Force Directory Change" in your pack settings page.
  • The bin folder should contain one file named "modpack.jar". This file is simply the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to modpack.jar. Get that file here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/
  • The Forge installer JAR should not be in your mods folder.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are very out of date. Make sure you are using the Latest versions from here: http://chickenbones.net/Pages/links.html
  • Your modpack archive contains no config files. This is always bad.

Client Only Mods (must be removed for the server):

• MobAmputation
  • WailaHarvestability

After making the above changes I was able to create a Forge #1240 server and connect with your client. I experienced no noticeable lag even after teleporting around, other than the normal worldgen lag after teleporting to a new location with no generated chunks. You noted that your system has 6G of ram. This probably isn't sufficient (at least on Windows) to run both the server and the client at the same time.

• Discord Moderator
  • You have changed your modpack archive but not changed the pack version number in your settings page. The Launcher will not recognize that an update is available until that version number is changed/incremented and the Launcher is restarted.
  • Your pack settings are configured to be MC 1.7.10, and all your mods are for 1.7.10. However, your Forge version is MC 1.6.4. You need to get the correct version of forge (the binmodpack.jar file).

Give that a shot.

• Discord Moderator

I have updated the version and the forge. However, I'm still a little confused about the config do I just add it in the modpack archive?

Yes. The config files generated in your testing folder for your modpack (which you should also be tweaking and tuning) should be included in your modpack archive.