Paul Watson

pickaxe121

so anyone who watches discovery knows about a show called whale wars.

well in that show, a man by the name of Paul Watson is currently being held in germany.

so, why is this important?

well Paul is probably the most invovled activist in history(not even kidding).

in the 2007-2008 whaling season his organization, the Sea Shepherds,

saved over 500 whales out of the japenese whaling vessels quota of 1000.

so back to the matter of paul.

you can help him by contacting the german ministers.

for more details on how to help sea shepherd and paul watson, please go to the link below.

http://www.seashepherd.org

just go to the website if you have a chance.

thats what i was trying to say.

I'm all for protests and whatnot to save stuff in nature, but the way the people in the shows go about it are completely against my morals. So no, I'm not going to sign the petition.

I'm all for protests and whatnot to save stuff in nature, but the way the people in the shows go about it are completely against my morals. So no, I'm not going to sign the petition.

Oh? I haven't seen it before, what do they do on the show?

they basically attack japenese whalers who say they are killing the whales for research.

laws say that any whale meat cannot go to waste, so they sell the whale meat in markets in japan.

Exactly. And while I agree that it isn't all the right, at least they aren't just dumping the carcasses back into the ocean to rot.

It's not about the quality, it's the timing.

Anywho, Paul Watson is an idiot, because the Japanese whaling industry is extremely responsible.

Is it really a surprise that they are more concerned about the wellbeing of whales as a species than Paul and the other hippie liberal campaigners out there?

It's not about the quality, it's the timing.

Anywho, Paul Watson is an idiot, because the Japanese whaling industry is extremely responsible.

Is it really a surprise that they are more concerned about the wellbeing of whales as a species than Paul and the other hippie liberal campaigners out there?

if your going to reply like this, just don't. please just understand that this is something i think is right and all i wish to do is spread what i believe.

if your going to reply like this, just don't. please just understand that this is something i think is right and all i wish to do is spread what i believe.

And people have a right to tell you you're an idiot. Free speech works both ways, broseph.

I am fine with the cultivation of whales as a food source. Though the wild population is small enough to make that a bit difficult. What I am deeply offended by is the Japanese scientific whaling association defaming the name of science to do it. The bullshit lies in their methods. You do not need to vitrify the whale to measure it's stomach contents. Just tag the specimen and collect weight measurements over the course of months. If they were simply a whaling fleet, fine, but they try to present themselves as researchers. That's were I draw the line.

I am fine with the cultivation of whales as a food source. Though the wild population is small enough to make that a bit difficult. What I am deeply offended by is the Japanese scientific whaling association defaming the name of science to do it. The bullshit lies in their methods. You do not need to vitrify the whale to measure it's stomach contents. Just tag the specimen and collect weight measurements over the course of months. If they were simply a whaling fleet, fine, but they try to present themselves as researchers. That's were I draw the line.

someone gets it!

• 2 weeks later...