Would like to update Tekkit Lite to 1.7.10

Imonthetop

I have just researched about all the mods that tekkit lite has and i was hoping to update it to 1.7.10 so that my server can work properly with the latest plugins, as currently, it does not work the way it should. I will also update the server launch files to that update if i can get the modpack to 1.7.10. I would love to have a great server and have all the updated mods. Me and my friends only like to play on 1.7.10 and they wont help me with my server because it only is 1.4.7. So if someone could tell me if i can or cannot i would love to hear it. Thanks!

Edited by Imonthetop

Many of the mods in Tekkit Lite have not been updated to 1.7.10.  Also, the programming structure has changed so drastically that you would be better off starting from scratch and building a pack with 1.7.10 that has most/all of the mods you want, using comparable mods wherever you can.

And if he's really stuck on 1.7.10 I know several of us would love to get away with a plug for our servers :)

He also comments he's on 1.4.7 no reason to be unless some mod is no longer made. 1.5 and 1.6 both came out and can handle most things today. 1.7 is the balancing act and 1.8 will be the adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...