Help Modpack Won't Open

AlexPyro

openblock mod needs a coremod called openmodlib and some of the jar files look funky to me. make sure all the mods are up to date with ur forge and make sure that you download them at reputable site. and carefully read the install directions for the mod. i had trouble with that when i was making my modpack. i also tried every mod one at a time as i added them to my mods folder to make sure everything was compatible. its a slow process but i learned alot about which mods dont fit well together. hehe Good Luck. Cant wait to play ur pack!! :)

• Discord Moderator
  • Copy.com links need to have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to them in order to function properly.
  • Your pack version is 1.0. Make sure you are incrementing this when you update your modpack archive.
  • Forge for MC 1.7.10 does not use a /coremods/ folder in any way. All mods belong in or below the /mods/ folder.
  • You have only one of the three required mods files for Galacticraft. You need GalacticraftCore, GalacticraftPlanets, and MicdoodleCore
  • You need to get your IC2 build from the developers: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/
  • You need to get your ChickenBones mods from the author: http://chickenbones.net/Pages/links.html
  • Your ProjectRed is woefully out of date.
  • REI Minimap crashes with some mods. I recommend a combination of LiteLoader and VoxelMap.
  • You should update to AE2rv2

Fix these issues and come back if you are still having troubles.

• Copy.com links need to have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to them in order to function properly.
  • Your pack version is 1.0. Make sure you are incrementing this when you update your modpack archive.
  • Forge for MC 1.7.10 does not use a /coremods/ folder in any way. All mods belong in or below the /mods/ folder.
  • You have only one of the three required mods files for Galacticraft. You need GalacticraftCore, GalacticraftPlanets, and MicdoodleCore
  • You need to get your IC2 build from the developers: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/
  • You need to get your ChickenBones mods from the author: http://chickenbones.net/Pages/links.html
  • Your ProjectRed is woefully out of date.
  • REI Minimap crashes with some mods. I recommend a combination of LiteLoader and VoxelMap.
  • You should update to AE2rv2

Fix these issues and come back if you are still having troubles.

how do i know what version the IC2 mods are from the website link you provided? I apologise if i am being incredibly stupid.

• Discord Moderator

how do i know what version the IC2 mods are from the website link you provided? I apologise if i am being incredibly stupid.

The only real way is to keep abreast of the change log so you notice when they switch to a new version. That being said, the current version is for 1.7.10. The page I linked is the build server for the developers so always current and up to date.

The only real way is to keep abreast of the change log so you notice when they switch to a new version. That being said, the current version is for 1.7.10. The page I linked is the build server for the developers so always current and up to date.

i did all the stuff, i completely removed redpower for now, i will re add it later i just couldnt be arsed right now, i also removed reis mini map and removed the coremods folder but it made a new one so i assume its supposed to be there or atleast the technic pack wants it to be

• Discord Moderator
  • You haven't fixed your download URL.
  • You haven't incremented your pack version even though you changed the modpack archive.
  • You are now including too much stuff in your pack archive. It should only contain the folders: bin, config, Flan, mods. The /bin/ folder should only contain the file modpack.jar.
  • You haven't moved the contents of /coremods/ over to /mods.
  • You have a 1.6.4 version of CoFHCore in the /coremods/ folder.
  • CoFHLib is for mod developers only and shouldn't be in a pack.
  • You haven't updated AE2.
  • Your Forestry mod is out of date.
  • You have MFFS but none of the dependency mods which Calclavia requires.
  • You have Numina but not Modular Powersuits, the only mod which uses it.

Please address all the points I have made in both posts before continuing.

• You haven't incremented your pack version even though you changed the modpack archive.
  • You are now including too much stuff in your pack archive. It should only contain the folders: bin, config, Flan, mods. The /bin/ folder should only contain the file modpack.jar.

thanks sorry i feel incredibly stupid

okay i addressed all those issues, and changed from copy.com to dropbox, so if theres a problem unzipping it thatll be it. when it installs it creates more folders in the bin and possibly a coremods folder so I dont know about that. i also incremented the version. http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/alacticraft

• Discord Moderator
  • Your OpenBlocks and OpenModsLib versions don't match and it looks like your OpenBlocks mod isn't from the mod author.
  • You have the IC2 API instead of the actual mod. You need the mod, not the API.
  • Modular Force Fields (MFFS) requires Resonant Engine (which is clearly stated on the mod author's download page). You also have two different MFFS JAR files in your /mods/ folder.
  • You still haven't properly updated your AE2. You should be using AE2rv2_beta8
  • Your TeamCoFH mods do not match versions. (CoFHCore, MFR, NetherOres, ThermalExpansion, ThermalFoundation)

Please read over the follow posts for more information about the process of getting mods and building your pack:

I stopped testing at this point. Please go over all your mods again after reading those posts and address any issues as you go long. Come back here after that if you are still having troubles.