I just had a brain orgasm...

cobble generator (water & lava mix) -> block breaker -> recycler -> scrap -> scrap box -> deployer -> chest of infinite random items

No more mining, no more hunting pigs and cows... dafuq... Where is my God?

And even around 5,3 diamonds per 9000 cobble! Where is our god indeed!

Edit : 28 actually, messed up my numbers :D

Just goes to further prove that EE isn't the sole reason for economic collapse. There is always a way, no matter how much you nerf something, to eventually bypass mining altogether.

Just goes to further prove that EE isn't the sole reason for economic collapse. There is always a way, no matter how much you nerf something, to eventually bypass mining altogether.

This method is fun to think about, but ridiculously ineffective. Let's do some maths.

The recycler makes one scrap out of 8 items, 8 cobble in this case, and it takes 9 scraps to make one scrap box. If we say it takes... Half a sec? To make one cobble, it means you can get one scrap box every 36 secs. Not all that awesome. Plus, most of the items you can get are useless or crappy, IE a wooden Hoe, a panel, dirt, netherrack... In other words, I don't think this can break economy as much as an energy collector can, for example.

EE energy collectors are my problem with EE ( also disabled DM/RM tools/gear, but thats is mainly a theme choice). When I allow them, the players use those as main resource generation. My problem with this is not that it bypasses mining. Just that it produces everything out of thin air and production rate increases like crazy.Without them, they come up with crazy contraptions that entertain me :)

So cobble generators, meh.

This method is fun to think about, but ridiculously ineffective. Let's do some maths.

The recycler makes one scrap out of 8 items, 8 cobble in this case, and it takes 9 scraps to make one scrap box. If we say it takes... Half a sec? To make one cobble, it means you can get one scrap box every 36 secs. Not all that awesome. Plus, most of the items you can get are useless or crappy, IE a wooden Hoe, a panel, dirt, netherrack... In other words, I don't think this can break economy as much as an energy collector can, for example.

Yeah, except that it takes less than half a second to generate one piece of cobble, and this machine expands infinitely. And also it's much cooler.

Yeah, except that it takes less than half a second to generate one piece of cobble, and this machine expands infinitely. And also it's much cooler.

Wait, what do you mean by "expands infinitely"? The half-second was an estimate, but I don't think the system gets faster or more efficient.

But I do admit that anything beats a plain EMC-farming glowstone furnace in terms of coolness.

Wait, what do you mean by "expands infinitely"? The half-second was an estimate, but I don't think the system gets faster or more efficient.

But I do admit that anything beats a plain EMC-farming glowstone furnace in terms of coolness.

Jay? probably means that you can expand the amount of cobble generators/recyclers/etc you have indefinitely.

Jay? probably means that you can expand the amount of cobble generators/recyclers/etc you have indefinitely.

Oh I see. But it's not like you can't do that with pretty much anything else in Technic :D. Which is part of why it's awesome. Height 128's the limit!

Oh I see. But it's not like you can't do that with pretty much anything else in Technic :D. Which is part of why it's awesome. Height 128's the limit!

Unless you're playing in a version of Technic/Tekkit in 1.2.5, in which height 256 is the limit.

EE energy collectors are my problem with EE ( also disabled DM/RM tools/gear, but thats is mainly a theme choice). When I allow them, the players use those as main resource generation. My problem with this is not that it bypasses mining. Just that it produces everything out of thin air and production rate increases like crazy.Without them, they come up with crazy contraptions that entertain me :)

So cobble generators, meh.

There is no problem with EE that can't be replicated with another mod, which is the point I was getting at. Is it as 'easy' to get going as collectors? Well, yeah. Actually easier since you don't need a trip to the nether. Not only that, but as Jay pointed out, you can expand it a lot easier. The output may not be equal, but the cost of materials is also imbalanced. Collectors require a lot of glowstone, diamond and obsidian. Other than the obsidian the other two aren't easy to come by early game. Later game they are and by then the collectors are pumping out dark and red matter which, well, are fun.

As for things coming from thin air, anything technic related. Wind Turbines, water turbines, and solar panels all produce energy with no fuel, which is why they're considered 'clean energy'. Redpower is the same way with thermopiles and solar panels. It's just a way to gather energy without being wasteful or, if it existed (and i wish it did), exhaust pollution. I bet the thaumcraft guy could probably make this happen, but I digress.

Anyway, the overall point is, a lot of people give EE a lot of shit specifically for the EMC generation blocks and further go to say it makes a lot of very overpowered items which it does. Taking it away are only going to cause people to look for other methods of generating items without having to go down into the mines. You can keep taking things away and eventually you're not going to be playing a tekkit server but instead a very vanilla server with a little fudge drizzle. It's hard to digest a vanilla server when you started with a banana split.

snip

My main reason why I don't allow energy collectors is that some of the players on my server never looked into other mods. All they knew was the route through energy collectors. Well that and macerators. They didn't do much else.

And the rate of EMC gathering gets crazy fast. You can just condense new collectors once you have a nice setup. This route is a lot faster to set up then producing UU matter to just name an alternative. To get that going, you need to mine a lot more.

I don't care if energy collectors are overpowered. I do care that they make my server incredibly boring. Without them our players become a lot more creative.

There is no problem with EE that can't be replicated with another mod, which is the point I was getting at. Is it as 'easy' to get going as collectors? Well, yeah. Actually easier since you don't need a trip to the nether. Not only that, but as Jay pointed out, you can expand it a lot easier. The output may not be equal, but the cost of materials is also imbalanced. Collectors require a lot of glowstone, diamond and obsidian. Other than the obsidian the other two aren't easy to come by early game. Later game they are and by then the collectors are pumping out dark and red matter which, well, are fun.

As for things coming from thin air, anything technic related. Wind Turbines, water turbines, and solar panels all produce energy with no fuel, which is why they're considered 'clean energy'. Redpower is the same way with thermopiles and solar panels. It's just a way to gather energy without being wasteful or, if it existed (and i wish it did), exhaust pollution. I bet the thaumcraft guy could probably make this happen, but I digress.

Anyway, the overall point is, a lot of people give EE a lot of shit specifically for the EMC generation blocks and further go to say it makes a lot of very overpowered items which it does. Taking it away are only going to cause people to look for other methods of generating items without having to go down into the mines. You can keep taking things away and eventually you're not going to be playing a tekkit server but instead a very vanilla server with a little fudge drizzle. It's hard to digest a vanilla server when you started with a banana split.

As far as the cost goes, well, a quarry is worth around 150000 EMC, a bit more than Dark Matter, so BC and likes do have their part of costly products. Just look at all the stuff needed to make the almighty Quantum armor. And even if I kind of agree with your second point, just how many wind/water turbines or solar panels would you need to produce as much as a bunch of collectors and a relay?

The problem is that building an automated diamond factory, for example, would need a large energy production, a bunch of quarries to get coal, a serie of automated crafting tables, macerators and compressors and much more efforts in general, and is at least much more interesting to look at than seven blocks who produce diamonds in literal seconds. I'd even say it is much more "Technic"al (Badum Tsss... worst pun ever). Which is what people look for in this mod. I'm not giving shit to EE, the philosopher stone, equivalent exchange, fuels, epic artefacts, Hyperkinetic lenses, DM/RM tools, all of that is really fun. But I find the collectors are a "boring" alternative to what can be done with IC/BC/RP.

If that made any sense. I'm not used to walls of texts.

Edit : Agreeing with Darzavor.

My main reason why I don't allow energy collectors is that some of the players on my server never looked into other mods. All they knew was the route through energy collectors. Well that and macerators. They didn't do much else.

And the rate of EMC gathering gets crazy fast. You can just condense new collectors once you have a nice setup. This route is a lot faster to set up then producing UU matter to just name an alternative. To get that going, you need to mine a lot more.

I don't care if energy collectors are overpowered. I do care that they make my server incredibly boring. Without them our players become a lot more creative.

A very valid point.

Overnight results... 9 diamonds, finally found a steady supply of food for my faction, and CAKE PARTY. :D

Chest 1

Chest 2

Chest 3 (foods)

EDIT: I sent all the trashy items back to scrappers and ores/dusts to my auto macerator/smelter. Now I'm gonna make a system to turn all them helmets into gold and all them carts into iron using an alloy furnace. ;)

Isn't there a way to make all those panels into something useful? Anyway, this seems like a much more interesting alternative than I first thought. It may be a good strategy for survival servers, where its the best if you can produce without going out of your house.

I added cobblestone and dirt to recycler blacklist in the IC2 config. pretty much fixed the problem without any hassle. Also, cobblegens are a pain in the ass. they generate waaay to much lag, especially if you have a logging plugin that doesn't ignore cobblegens ;)

• 1 year later...