All modpacks deleted!!!

superrm11

Question

I need help!

I was playing tekkit classic when my game randomly crashed. It showed a message in game with something about inventory tweaks not working anymore.

I mined 2 more blocks until the whole game just crashed. It said that there was another instance of the game trying to access the save file, even though there wasn't another window open (as far as I knew) It then took me back to the title screen. When I tried to go back to my world, all of my save files had been deleted! I exited the game and went to the .technic folder, and saw that tekkit classic was the only modpack that HADN'T been deleted. Everything else was GONE. I don't know if there's a way to get my worlds back, but please help.

4 answers to this question

• Moderators

post the log so we can see what happened

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

post the log so we can see what happened

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

​Here's the link: http://pastebin.com/9kSZa59m

This is the earliest log that I have, which is from the 4th. I'm almost certain this isn't the log from when it crashed, because I have been playing Technic for years now. It seemed to have affected the entire .technic folder, such as deleting all other modpacks.

I don't know if it has to do with anything, but I did just allocate more ram to Java 8. I set the min to 1G and the max to 2G.

I'm not sure if it helps, but my computer specs:

Gateway SX series

4 Gb RAM

3.2 GHz Pentium dual core

• Moderators
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\tekkit\stats\stats_superrm11_unsent.tmp (The system cannot find the path specified)

it keeps repeating this line. best thing to do is redownload the modpacks

as for your worlds, Kalbintion has posted a fix for that on Most common issues and fixes- thread http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/57049-most-common-issues-and-fixes-and-known-problems/

Issue: Saves worlds disappearing.

Cause: unknown?

Fix: Back-up the world save folder from .technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteamsaves

Create a new world with the exact same name, it may not start you off in a familiar area
If it does not - go to where your base would be, if it isn't there, continue to follow instructions
Copy the level.dat from the newly generated world, most likely under the world save name followed by a hyphen under the saves folder mentioned previously, into the old worlds folder.

Note: Having two worlds with the exact same name can be a bit confusing, ensure you load into the correct world if two now appear with the same name
Note: Doing these instructions without providing the same world seed will cause chunks to no longer properly line-up