I Hate The New Wireless Redstone

Yes as the title says it the new wireless redstone is awful. Now you maybe asking yourself why.

Well the new wireless redstone works like a repeater, so in otherwords the signal can only be recieved in one direction. This is unlike the old system where it would transmit in all directions (and through a layer of blocks if you had some redstone sitting above it).

This is how redstone naturally behaves, so why did we switch over to this new system?

Is there a way I can manually switch back over to the other system?

Because it is even more convenient to use. You can set up frequencies and give them names, so you don't have to remember them or find that little piece of paper where you've written whatever uses what. And with this wireless redstone you can work even more precisely, because you don't have to worry that the transmitter gets powered by any redstone on the other side, which isn't supposed to power it.

Because it is even more convenient to use. You can set up frequencies and give them names, so you don't have to remember them or find that little piece of paper where you've written whatever uses what. And with this wireless redstone you can work even more precisely, because you don't have to worry that the receiver gets powered by any redstone on the other side, which isn't supposed to power it.

Yeah I saw that name thing (have been meaning to look into that more). But as for the second part you mentioned, isn't that how redstone works? That's kind of why I liked the old mod as it acted like redstone did, not a repeater.

(I also hate this update as I think it's responsible for why my old map won't load in anymore which sucks as I spent alot of time on it)

Did you go through the update steps between each version when you loaded your old map? Maps break between major versions unless you follow the various posts linked in one of the stikies to make sure old mods are removed and converted properly.

Honestly, the new system sounds more conviniant for the most part. I'm sure with a bit of red-power wiring you could also get any older effect you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

It's more convenient, because you can place covers over the top and it will sit flush with the thing you are building. Not ugly anymore, plus its more precise in its control.

Ehh, you do make a good point there. However alot of times my wireless redstone was concealed (and it worked perfect again due to how I could access it and stuff like through stone). I mean I am getting use to the new stuff, but at the same time, I kind of wish we had the ability to use both (in otherwords the update included both).

Btw isn't this a redpower2 mod?

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how the old version really worked because there isn't that much description, but this seems like a better way to handle wireless things, since frequencies can easily seperate signals and stuff. I wish there was a bundled cable transmitter and reciever so you can transmit direct bundled cables across long distances without having to break it up into like 18 different transmitters

• 2 months later...