Error downloading file for the following pack: (my modpack name), Hello?

Gigimooshi2

• Discord Moderator
  • Change the suffix of the link from ?dl=0 to ?dl=1
  • Your modpack has a .zip extension, but is in RAR format. All archive files intended for use in the platform must be in ZIP format only.
  • Your /bin/modpack.jar is not correct. The modpack.jar file is simply the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to modpack.jar.

I would normally go through the rest of the pack and provide an analysis... but it's just too big and I don't have the stomach for that.

Please address the bulleted issues and come back here if you still have difficulties.

Thnx dude for the help but i have some questions....

1. So do i need to install a zip program like Winzip?

2. So where do i put the forge and what do i put in the modpack.jar?

3. J-just saying... "p.s i tried changing the dl=0 to dl=1|

p.s- XD about what you said in the end...

Edited by Gigimooshi2

• Discord Moderator

I don't know about other programs, but I know that 7zip will allow you to specify the archive format when creating an archive.

As I mentioned before, "The modpack.jar file is simply the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to modpack.jar." You don't "put anything" into the modpack.jar. You just download the Forge universal binary JAR file and rename it. That's it.

• Discord Moderator

You would DOWNLOAD the FORGE UNIVERSAL BINARY JAR  and RENAME IT TO modpack.jar. I don't know how to be more clear than that. I would recommend a specific version of Forge and provide a link, but you have mods which require different versions of Forge so I can't do that. (which will end up being a major issue for you, but nobody is going to help you resolve conflicts/versions for 200 mods at once)

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

Transferring the modpack to me won't really help either of us.

• The pack version (from your settings page) is still 1.0 yet I know you have changed the modpack archive. Every time you change your modpack archive in any way you MUST update/change/increment the pack version number in order for the platform to recognize there is an update available.
  • Your download archive is in 7zip (.7z) format. This will not work. As previously mentioned, use 7zip to create a ZIP format archive.

As for the actual contents of your pack, I'm not going to do any more debugging/diagnosis than I already have. Make sure you fix the modpack.jar/Forge issue I mentioned above. Other than that the pack is just too large for me to work with. One does not start off by trying to make a modpack that reports 300 mods. Start small and work your way up.