How do I teleport power from wind turbines?

Smurfkiller9000

I am confused, what form of power do you want? Buildcraft/Indutrail craft?

Pipes and engines are for BC, cables and generators are for IC.

What in the world is a generator engine?

BC uses MJ (MinecraftJoules) and IC use EU. EU = Glass fiber, MJ= conduxtive pipe. You can't mix one another. you can't teleport EU. Your best bet is using a HV transformer and then using glass fiber cable all the way to your base.

BC uses MJ (MinecraftJoules) and IC use EU. EU = Glass fiber, MJ= conduxtive pipe. You can't mix one another. you can't teleport EU. Your best bet is using a HV transformer and then using glass fiber cable all the way to your base.

Or if you have an energy link, turn EU into MJ, teleport the power, then use another link to turn that MJ into EU again. Although you may have had to manually install it.

Or if you have an energy link, turn EU into MJ, teleport the power, then use another link to turn that MJ into EU again. Although you may have had to manually install it.

Isn't there a loss when converter are used? if you use them twice, the loss would be even bigger. And anyway, are the converters in any version of Technic/Tekkit? Not in any of those I tried, as much as I know.

Power converters are in tekkit but not technic.

Best bet is a MV or HV transformer with a redstone signal sending the power over glass fibre/4xins HV cable down to another MV/HV transformer without a redstone signal in your base.

MV transformer if you have the glass fibre to space, HV if you're using HV cable.

Power converters are in tekkit but not technic.

Best bet is a MV or HV transformer with a redstone signal sending the power over glass fibre/4xins HV cable down to another MV/HV transformer without a redstone signal in your base.

MV transformer if you have the glass fibre to space, HV if you're using HV cable.

Can't the Glass fiber cable take up to 512 eu/t? I thought he could. Only the EV can burn Glass fiber, no?

if you are trying to run EUs that far, place batboxes along the lines spaced so that you never have an uninterrupted length of cable long enough to cause a loss. I don't remember what the exact max length for glass fibre is, but let's call it 40 for this example. you'd want 39 pieces of cable, then a batbox, then 39 more cable, then another batbox, and so on. that will get your power to anywhere with no losses. assuming you are not generating more than 32 EU/t from any single machine/generator at least.

Aye. Tin (up to 39 blocks) to a chain of batbox 4 copper cable batbox 4 copper cable e.t.c. also works with no losses.

However it can only send out a 32 eu/t, so if you have a decent number of windmils you'll need to use transformers or the energy will backlog in the batbox faster then it can send it, thus wasting a lot of it.