Will Technic run on this laptop im getting?

If it helps, I'm running Tekkit just fine on a 6 year old HP DV8000. Nvidia geforce GO 7400, Centrino Duo @ 1.73 GHZ and 4GB RAM.

I can run on Far distance, with a few tweaks to the graphics. I found it extremely helpful to associate an Nvidia settings profile with Java.

That computer is good though, I am not a big fan of AMD I'd much rather have an Intel i7, but to be honest you only need about a gig of RAM to run Technic and the video card is not half bad on that. Let's just say you could probably run a game like Day-Z or EvE on that machine.

I hate laptops when it comes to choosing graphics. Even when you get the best thing available as far as mobile graphics go you'll still be screwed in a couple of years. This is why serious gaming on a laptop is considered to be rather silly. Why buy a 'gaming laptop' that in a few years you'll have to abandon if you want to play the latest and greatest when you can buy a decent and upgradeable desktop for roughly the same price? /rant

Really did not mean for this to turn into a rant. :S

In the near future, graphics for games will hit their limit and we will no longer need to deal with this kind of crap. Besides, I don't really need that good of a computer, I don't play FPS shooters and Hardcore killing games much, I play things like Terraria, SS13, StarFarer, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, Republic at War and Battlestar Galactica Online. The only reason I have a High end PC is to play games like Day-Z, EvE and Diablo 3.

In the near future, graphics for games will hit their limit and we will no longer need to deal with this kind of crap.

I really doubt that. this is kinda like saying that processor power will hit its limit soon and CPU choice won't be a hassle anymore, or RAM speed will hit its limit soon and we won't have to deal with figuring out what speed of RAM we want to go for in a PC. PC gaming graphics have been steadily improving since pong, and there isn't really any signs that they are going to stop anytime soon. at best you could make the argument that the rate of improvement has slowed due to the current console generation lasting way longer than previous generations.

graphics power hitting a limit though? don't hold your breath on that one, I'd say.