Sign in to follow this  
robertxdb

Mac USB Install Issues

Question

Hello
I'm currently experiencing an issue installing Technic Launcher / Tekkit. For me, I don't have a lot of space on my computer, only have 60gb. So I want to install Technic Launcher and Tekkit on a USB (Which is 16gb). When I'm at the stage of installing the launcher, I want to change the directory to the USB, But I can't, the USB doesn't show up on the "move" screen. It seems I can't type the directory nor change the folder. 
I even tried installing the launcher normally then moving it to the USB in hopes that it'll install there rather than the on my computer, but it still installs on my computer (it creates a new "technic" folder). 

I have OS X 10.9.5

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cyndaquilofpower
      I installed the TechnicLauncher.jar file, and I have Java on my Mac, but whenever I go to install it, I believe what happens is it crashes. When I first open the installer it shows me the window to install, and then when I click install, it closes out. Every time I open the file after that, it opens, then closes, then opens again for a bit longer, and then closes. I can't really pinpoint what's wrong, can someone help me out?
    • By ObliviousStranger
      I recently downloaded the launcher and afterwards Pixelmon Generations modpack, and when i click the play button it closes and reopens the launcher after it finishes downloading the "Minecraft assets" and i tried updating my graphics card, reinstalling the modpack, and even reinstalling the launcher to no avail. I could really use some guidance please.
      Here's the log:
      https://pastebin.com/T74r2BkS
    • By Kira Megami
      When I open techniclauncher java opens then closes then reopens and closes. I have java installed and can run other .jar files perfectly. I don't know why i cant play on technic.
    • By KitKatz
      Ok so i thought i was my computer then i see other people are having the same problem when i load technic launcher its just stuck on the logo i cant do anything about it and i really want to do a modpack with a friend is there a way to fix this?
    • By euan_
      Hey All,
      Brand new to Technic, but been wanting to do this for a while. Only issue is, on my laptop I cannot actually play the AotBT modpack despite installing it. The download & installation seems to complete fine, but I never actually get to see the play button. I know what should be happening as I've installed and played AotBT on my desktop, where it worked fine.
      I have tried:
      - Deleting the pack and redownloading/installing it via the delete pack button, bottom right of modpacks tab
      - Reinstalling the pack via the modpack options menu
      - Restarting my laptop
      - Restarting the Technic launcher
      This problem also persists with other modpacks (I tried Blightfall and got the same issue).
      I am using the current default minecraft Java, 1.8.0_191 64-bit, with 3GB of RAM set in the launcher options.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Latest log (Including installing Blightfall) is here.